Searching for clean tricks, and some bonus tricks.

Oct 14, 2013
Hi guys. I'm looking for some magic products out there that you magicians have bought and tried that have gotten you great reactions, leaving you free to hand out items to spectators for complete inspection. Any suggestions?

Bonus: If anyone is willing to share the names of the tricks done in this video by Justin Flom, I'd love you forever--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6F1N8E9CgI (I'm especially looking for the royal flush effect) Thanks guys! :)

Feb 10, 2013
Almost any effect ends clean like that. If it doesn't, then implement a simple switch in the off beat and then hand what ever it is out for inspection.

Aug 11, 2012
Washington
As for general magic, not just card magic, Fraud is a great trick that ends with a souvenir for your spectator(s) and it was also in Flom's video. Another great effect would be Ignition by Chris Smith because it is something that you'll always have on you and inspection is great because there is nothing to inspect.

That royal wave color change is called Cheng's Change and is tought in Paul Harris' True Astonishment set.

Nov 9, 2013
Good job,I appreciate your work because i have the same problem,but your post solve my problem.Thanks for sharing information,your information increase my knowledge.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Any effect can be "epic". . . I remember when Bob Jardeen first introduced the Rubber Band Trick (?handcuffs?) and how it was blowing magician's minds AT THE MAGIC CASTLE for most of the summer. It was an "epic" bit of business because it was something others hadn't seen before, BUT we've seen the same thing (reaction wise) when someone offers a new spin on an old chestnut; such as Burger's handling of the Gypsy Thread or when a certain young buck shows up at the Castle and does a single handed DL -- he literally popped the cards into the air and caught them and not one single bit of suspicion could be laid onto the bit. . . the only way we knew that he was doing this is because we knew the effect and how it had to work.

My point is (and it's been said thousands of times) an "Epic" effect is what we create and what is typically attached to a given performer/innovator. I used to get big kudos for my Cups & Balls because I did some very unique moves and to quote Vernon "one very ballsy move" that no one else had done before me (apparently). Today we have a lot of people replicating those moves (sadly, Mike Ammar tends to get the credit -- gotta love the politics of this business). Ignoring such things, it's the 5-minutes of fame one gets by creating a solid and exciting piece that makes it "Epic", don't expect it to last longer than that and don't try to find the holy grail of whichever niche in magic you work with; it doesn't exist! As the Arthurian tales point out, the grail is within you -- you and the magic are one and as you thrive so will your magic. . . it's something to think on.

Oct 14, 2013
Wow, Craig. This is certainly a wealth of knowledge to glean on. I really do plan on some day creating my own magic, as well as putting my own new spin on some of the classics! And just being given a small bit of counselling from an experienced magician such as yourself really inspired me. Thank you so much! Lately I've been getting discouraged because it seems very hard for newbies such as myself, because there's so much competition. And I've also felt kind of short-changed, because I wish I had gotten into it at an earlier age, but had no informational guidance. I'm 20 now, and I plan on making a lot of people happy through the art of magic as I gain more and more experience. This might sound kinda corny, but your words have added some fuel to the fire of my passion, especially that last quote that you ended with. I really do appreciate it! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results