Magic for the Internet

somecallmetim96

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2013
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
Hi, this is my first thread on T11 and i was wondering whether any one knows where i can find some magic that i can do across the internet, more specifically over YouTube, what i am really looking for is interactive magic much like Copperfield did on TV ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZTR7kyz3g8 ) any one have any ideas?
Many Thanks

Magic like that can be found and taught at many places, Jay Jay from Free Magic Live has a few on his YouTube Channel (be careful though, do NOT subscribe to his email list) you can also see some weird interactive (not taught) mentalism on a channel "Bosco Mind" but it could inspire you somewhat.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
My question is WHY?

Magic is meant to be performed LIVE and IN PERSON not on video or over the "air waves" and especially in the manner that so many now "present" it. . . this sort of thinking is hurting magic and costing us the ability to "perform" vs. "doing tricks" or worse "stunts".

Learn how to do magic for real in the real world and screw the internet club. . . become a MAGICIAN!

Last edited by a moderator:

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Craig, though I agree with you, your question is wasted here. Concentrate on what you do and do it well, don't try to deter others from what they want to do.

As for "magic for the internet", all of Shin Lim's releases?

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Craig, though I agree with you, your question is wasted here. Concentrate on what you do and do it well, don't try to deter others from what they want to do.

As for "magic for the internet", all of Shin Lim's releases?

I have several of Shim's pieces and I don't see what you're saying here; his stuff works in real time in the real world

As to my point . . . Youtube is rife with fools playing to a camera vs. an audience, this does not make them "Magicians" it makes them nerds masturbating on camera with tricks. If you wish to be a Magician you perform for real people in real time; it's interactive not stagnate.

Yes, I do understand the idea of collecting material that can be done via SKYPE or over the airwaves, I have a small but thick file with such things that I use frequently when doing Radio spots -- promotional tools that just happen to be performance pieces. However, that is what such things were created for, not as routines we simply tape for our own ego's sake.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I have several of Shim's pieces and I don't see what you're saying here; his stuff works in real time in the real world
It was a joke revolving around Shin's reputation for creating terribly impractical magic.

As to my point . . . Youtube is rife with fools playing to a camera vs. an audience, this does not make them "Magicians" it makes them nerds masturbating on camera with tricks. If you wish to be a Magician you perform for real people in real time; it's interactive not stagnate.
Being a magician is hard work. Most people prefer to pretend to be a magician behind the comfort of the camera. As long as YouTube offers monetisation these "fools" will continue acting like "masturbating nerds".

Yes, I do understand the idea of collecting material that can be done via SKYPE or over the airwaves, I have a small but thick file with such things that I use frequently when doing Radio spots -- promotional tools that just happen to be performance pieces. However, that is what such things were created for, not as routines we simply tape for our own ego's sake.
You talk about yourself a lot when no one has asked about you on this forum.

MarcusW

Elite Member
Cheers for all the replies everyone, but to be fair in my humble opinion i think that things like youtube are a great way for magicians to get there name out and gain following, look at Dynamo for example. but my point being in reply to
My question is WHY?

Magic is meant to be performed LIVE and IN PERSON not on video or over the "air waves" and especially in the manner that so many now "present" it. . . this sort of thinking is hurting magic and costing us the ability to "perform" vs. "doing tricks" or worse "stunts".

Learn how to do magic for real in the real world and screw the internet club. . . become a MAGICIAN!

I feel that this is being quite narrow minded, magic is quite a broad genera as i am sure you will agree, my idea was that interactive magic over the internet was good, entertaining stuff, I have enjoyed Justin Floms stuff...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results