Anyone else listen to music while they practice? what do you listen to?

Aug 31, 2015
I find that listening to music helps me sometimes when i practice Card tricks and Sleights. Me personally even though its really nerdy (im a a pretty nerdy dude) i like to listen to stuff from the Touhou Series if you heard of that. Does music also help you perform/practice as well?

Stu-pendous

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, Australia
www.facebook.com
I never perform to music, (though it is something I would like to do more of) but when I'm working on things I always have music on. but mostly it's just everything I have on shuffle. so I can go from listening to something like 'that 1 guy' to 'savage garden' :p I don't keep music that i don't like on my computer so nothing bad really ever comes on :p
and who's to say, maybe sudden genre changes of music give different ways or presenting various things.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
All. The. Time. Music can be an extremely effective creativity booster (especially for cardistry), and is also a great tool for getting focused while practicing. I've found that different genres can definitely produce different results, so experimenting with different genres can really help you find something that works with your style of practice. I prefer more relaxing music while I practice because it makes me do things smoother. Genres like singer/songwriter are good for this, and it helps to have a female vocal. Artists like Norah Jones, Tristan Prettyman, Leighton Meester, and Lights' album Midnight Machines would fall into this category and are artists I like listening to.

Reactions: AmberGraci
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results