Celluloid Magic

Sep 1, 2007
Other than The Prestige and The Illusionist, does anyone know of any films on the subject of magic?

I don't mean movies that just have Ricky Jay in them, either (although there are some great ones). I mean movies on and about the subject of magic and illusion.

And please don't say Penn and Teller Get Killed. That doesn't count either.

I'd be interested in getting a good list going.

Sep 2, 2007
uhhh...SHADE (I think) and a new one coming out called slieght of mind....I think thats what it;s called....

Aug 31, 2007
UK
You probably haven't even seen shade or know anything about it considering you think it's about magic.

Aug 31, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Well Shade does have magicians in it. R. Paul Wilson, Earl Nelson, Jason England among others, not to mention that the director is a magician. They make a trip to the Magic Castle, and meet Hal Holbrook who plays the Professor. Most of the characters are named after magicians. So technically speaking it does include some aspects of magic.

Sep 1, 2007
The Prestige hasn't satisfied your thirst for magic movies?

I'll just say this. Christopher Nolan is now one of my favorite directors (along with David Cronenburg and The Coen Bros.)

I was, however, disappointed by The Illusionist. I just didn't do it for me. But, damn, the prestige is good. As good as it is, I still think it's underrated...

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
The Prestige wasn't so much about magic as it was the Magicians and their amazing story.

If anyone wants to talk about this awesome movie without having to worry about spoilers, then PM me.

Sep 9, 2007
I liked the illusionist better than the Presitge, I thought it was clever, and never expected the clever ending. With the Prestige, the ending was pretty obvious about half to 3/4 the way in.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results