Kaos

Nov 30, 2007
Hey everyone, I was thinking about buying KAOS. But I was wondering if it is really worth it compared to other tricks I want to buy. How is it?

Sep 3, 2007
Pennsylvania
It's really easy to figure out if you watch a video of the entire performance. Normally, it's not easy for spectators to figure out though. It hits pretty hard sometimes, but there are a lot of other tricks I prefer over Kaos. What are some other tricks that you are thinking about buying?

Nov 30, 2007
Newburgh,NY
At of all the dvds that i have purchased at e, kaos has to be my least favorite.
Personally, I am angry that i spent my money on that because if you watch the effect and you think you know how its done, you probably do.

Oct 6, 2007
I really don't like it when people say 'obvious method'. I mean, if it's so obvious, why buy the trick???

IMO, the KAOs effect is (although simple) very clever. Hits hard when performed well.

Aug 31, 2007
California
Well,

If you think that the effect is too obvious to performer there are one of two problems:

1. You are performing it incorrectly

or

2. You have yet to perform it.

It is a hard hitting effect and it looks great. Fairly simple to perform and works in most situations.

Keenan

Nov 30, 2007
It's really easy to figure out if you watch a video of the entire performance. Normally, it's not easy for spectators to figure out though. It hits pretty hard sometimes, but there are a lot of other tricks I prefer over Kaos. What are some other tricks that you are thinking about buying?

I wanted to buy other videos or dvds from Theory11...almost all of them look good

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Well, I think it's one of the best CTW, if you are thinking of getting a CTW it's between Kaos and Liquid, the only cons of Liquid is that it's gimmicked, while Kaos is impromptu, I don't know, find some reviews, is my best advice, and maybe watch full performance, there is one on youtube by DG, and I don't think it's obvious!:)

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
I now completely understand what Kult Kiddie Syndrome is.

And thanks for the kind words guys. I'm forever amazed at the reasons as to why people don't like KAOS. I think, of all the negative cons I've ever heard, maybe two people actually had a legitimate reason for not liking it: "It didn't fit their repertoire."

|| sean ||

Oct 10, 2007
I would say the other CTW effects are much stronger than Kaos.

Kaos is very different from the previous CTWs.

In other CTWs, the magicians take the selected card, place it inside the deck and toss it at the window. The card then appears BEHIND the window. The most important thing is the opposite side of the window is not accessible to the magician. This is what makes these CTWs so strong.

Kaos on the other hand is a "surgical removal of a card through the glass". The surgical removal part is not that visual, as the rest of the cards are blocking the penetration. The opposite side of the glass is accessible to the magician, and everyone else. Hence it is not as strong as other versions of CTW, where the opposite side of the glass is not accessible.

The good thing about Kaos is it is highly impromptu. Most other CTWs require a special something, and it is very hard for you to do it on the spot.

If you want impromptu magic, go for Kaos.
If you want something more visual and impossible, but require some set up, go for the other CTWs on the market.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Tempest I think they don't know that you are Sean Beard (I do because I am also on the magichat forums), well, I am sorry people can be mean but Kaos has weaknesses and strong points, I like it, and I think it's pretty good. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, plus there are a lot of ellusionist haters who don't like any of their products, well I mean they have a good reason to. but there are a lot of nice effects on their too, like all o Danny's stuff, I can see that E has a high amount of pretty bad peoducts but once in a while there are pretty good ones.

AndyAce I am not trying to defend Kaos because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I disagree with the statement of yours that states that the setup required CTW is better, if I know which one you are talking about, and I think I do, then in my opinion they are not more visual. First of all define visual. How is done something that fast visual, plus they don't get to see the window in those, usually the performer just throws the deck all of the sudden, and the specs are not always fast enough, making it pretty concealed and how is concealed visual. There is only one moment when the spec is perfect to look at the window, which is like when the deck is an inch away from the glass, if they see it earlier they know how it's done, if they see it later then they missed it, and it's not that visual anymore. And it has some angle issues, even before the effect starts.

That's just my opinion.

Aug 31, 2007
California

In other CTWs, the magicians take the selected card, place it inside the deck and toss it at the window. The card then appears BEHIND the window. The most important thing is the opposite side of the window is not accessible to the magician. This is what makes these CTWs so strong.

Kaos on the other hand is a "surgical removal of a card through the glass". The surgical removal part is not that visual, as the rest of the cards are blocking the penetration. The opposite side of the glass is accessible to the magician, and everyone else. Hence it is not as strong as other versions of CTW, where the opposite side of the glass is not accessible.

The good thing about Kaos is it is highly impromptu. Most other CTWs require a special something, and it is very hard for you to do it on the spot.

If you want impromptu magic, go for Kaos.
If you want something more visual and impossible, but require some set up, go for the other CTWs on the market.

Kaos is not visual? Excuse me?

The spectator sees their card coming from the other side of the glass. In other "CTW's" the card appears on the other side of the glass, taped or stuck with wax.

Keenan

Sep 1, 2007

Ask yourself this, if you threw a deck of cards at a window would the card really appear stuck to the other side? surely it would pass through the window and flutter down on the other side? As strong as any other versions may be, this is surely more logical. Imagine drawing attnetion to the window and then throwing the deck at it and them seeing a card flutter down on the other side as the cards hit the window. Now that would be some effect and i believe ultimate card through window has ,ethods to do this, how practical they are and whether they are worth the effort all depends on you.

Just something to think about.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I think Kaos is pretty good to pick up. I performed this for my uncle one time on a a double prong glass door. The look on his face was priceless.
However, it was pretty funny when I performed Indecent right after. I should have ended with Kaos. ;)

But if I had to pick between the products here or Kaos, I would pick Panic.

Aug 31, 2007
It only matters what the spectator thinks. They don't know the method so it doesn't matter how simple it is. IF done correctly it will hit hard. It all depends on your performance. I agree E might've been a little decieving but I still think KAOS is a good effect. Peace.

-v.b.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Yes! you guys agree with me on AndyAces statement, and elitespart there is a video on youtube with a full performance of Kaos by DG.

And dude just read soem reviews and you might as well get it, especially if you want a CTW then get it, it hits hard dude, I performed it Yesterday to a guest we had, and I performed Biddle, Subway Hoffzy, and this, and she liked this the best, although Hoffzy Osbourne was a close second, because it's like you read their mind, but Kaos is a very good effect, as long as you perform it correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
Its a little too simple for the price. Id invest my money in something else.

Would you rather buy a trick that's rediculously hard and impractical for the same price?

Seriously, Kaos is one of my favorite effects to do because of its simplicity. Plus it's one of the few effects where people who come in during the middle of the trick and still understand what's going on. As for the visualness of the trick, Kaos can be seen from a good distance. I remember one time I was performing it for a friend outside the local magic shop here in Hawaii and there were three guys sitting down on a couch on the sidewalk about 20-30 feet away and as I was pulling the card through the window, I heard one of the guys yell out "HOLY SH-! HE'S PULLING THE F-IN CARD OUT THE WINDOW!" They were at a bad angle too.

Just remember guys...simplicity is your friend.

Oct 10, 2007
Kaos is not visual? Excuse me?

The spectator sees their card coming from the other side of the glass. In other "CTW's" the card appears on the other side of the glass, taped or stuck with wax.

First of all there are too much cover in Kaos. The cards are covering the penetration. Second, the magician is behind the window where the card penetrates.

In other CTWs, there is no cover. In the Ultimate CTW for example, they can see that nothing is behind the window, then you spring the cards at the window and the card appears behind the window. No one is behind that window.

I'm not saying Kaos is bad. It might be the easiest to do CTW in the market. But in my opinion other CTWs looks better

The opposite side of the glass is accessible to the magician, and everyone else. Hence it is not as strong as other versions of CTW, where the opposite side of the glass is not accessible.

Again, that is why I think other CTWs are stronger.

the card appears on the other side of the glass, taped or stuck with wax.

Is that consider exposure?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results