We need more women in magic...

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I believe I am one of the few girls in the forums right now. I am relativly new to magic; almost a year in magic. I am really discouraged when reading posts here on the forums, with comments vearing away from magic, and more towards how hot the girl in question is. I agree with what fridoliina says; we should be treated as equals and not like items for your viewing pleasure. Guys on the forums can be mean, even without meaning to be, and girls are sensative. They may take it too hard; it's easier to give up then to continue on. I enjoy magic as much as I enjoy drawing (<<--- that's my life over there; couldn't survive without it). I really love magic, and even though I'm not the best right now, I know i can deffinatly improve.

Please, I know all of the guys aren't making rude comments, but those of you who are, show some respect once in a while will you? Iy'll make a difference.

~ .:Jess:.

I don't think they are use to girls yet, I think alot of them spend more time on the forums then they do socializing.

Some of you are watching to many 50 cent videos.

Just my defence for the few girls in magic.

EDIT: I know if I had my girlfreind on a magic forum and I heard you gusy talking like that about her, each one of you would have your foot shoved in your mouth, sounds harsh? Ya, I have a strong opinion on this kind of stuff.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Well I'm sure scared now that you're going to shove my foot in my mouth. Threats like that are lost on the internet, and the truth is... girls may be sensitive, I understand that, and I know from personal experience that people can be mean on forums, but it's just the internet, guys. Right now, you could call me all the names in the world, threaten to do whatever to me... I wouldn't care! It's just the internet, there's no reason to get all worked up about it.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well I'm sure scared now that you're going to shove my foot in my mouth. Threats like that are lost on the internet, and the truth is... girls may be sensitive, I understand that, and I know from personal experience that people can be mean on forums, but it's just the internet, guys. Right now, you could call me all the names in the world, threaten to do whatever to me... I wouldn't care! It's just the internet, there's no reason to get all worked up about it.

Forums are mean't for opinions and discussions, I am not pointing fingers at any specific person, nor am I trieing to scare anyone.

It bugs me though that when you are on a forum with a bunch of guys and suddenly there is a girl, THINGS CHANGE, I HAVE TO ACT FUNKY.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
It's just the way guys are. Let's say you have a room of guys, just by themselves. Then a girl, or even a couple of girls walk in... the guys are going to act differently, often trying to impress the girls. It's just life, and forums are no different.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It's just the way guys are. Let's say you have a room of guys, just by themselves. Then a girl, or even a couple of girls walk in... the guys are going to act differently, often trying to impress the girls. It's just life, and forums are no different.

Forums and real life are much different, do you think half of these people would get like this in real life, I can bet no, they are hiding behind a computer screen.

I know we have had our disagreements in the past and could I say anything that I said over IM to your face, probably not, but you get what I am saying, most people act much different over the comp then in person, whether it is for the better or for the worse.

Some people may look at me as a jerk, and thats there choice, they don't know me and I am pretty sure you would think different of me in person.

Along those lines, would you say any of these people say any of the stuff that they replied to these katie threads to katie in person? I highly doubt that.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I would, because all I've said are nice things. And I agree, most people wouldn't say those things to her in real life, just as I'm sure you wouldn't vigorously come to her rescue in real life. Like you said, you're hiding behind a computer screen. I also agree that real life and forums are very much different, but they also have their similarities.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I would, because all I've said are nice things. And I agree, most people wouldn't say those things to her in real life, just as I'm sure you wouldn't vigorously come to her rescue in real life. Like you said, you're hiding behind a computer screen. I also agree that real life and forums are very much different, but they also have their similarities.

I mean, I probably still would have said to you before but in a much nicer manner.

EDIT: But then again, you may a completely different person and have a completely different personality from what you have on this forum compared to in real life.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Not much different. I'm pretty outspoken in my views, and I'll stand by what I say. I'm pretty easy going, and I'd like to think I'm fun to be around.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well since we talking about personalities, I like to think that I am a pretty nice guy, easy going, can be annoying at times, but then again who isn't, and probably sleightly out going.... and to make this about magic, my personality reflects my magic.

Well back on topic to this old thread. I don't think making a deck for only girls is the right thing to do for th e website. THe time hasn't come yet that there are as much girls as there are guys. MAking a deck for girls only would not sell as much as the wynns or guardians. The time will come when there are alot of girls into magic and allan luu can keep his feet on the ground:D, but that time hasn't arrived yet. Besides there still is the pink biycicle deck.:)

Dec 5, 2007
What's wrong with the decks thats alredy out?

Thats the biggest problem with guys when your younger, they think that all girls likes pink cloths with hearts on and flowers and are just very shy and cute. Males and females are not that different.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Hey Guys and Dolls,

People can be brutal on and off the forums, whether it is a male or female in question. I believe with age comes maturity with life comes experience. If you talk about me, good or bad... thats awesome. I can take care of myself, and I'm sure the other girls on the forums can hold their own as well.

You guys talk about each other with no problem. What's the difference of talking about chicks on the forum too?

I think no one needs to be worrying about why this is a male dominated art. If anything, roll with it. The chances of the cute girl at the local Starbucks that catches your eye liking your cute little sponge bunny routine are rather off the charts.

Cards and gimmicks being girly will never be a problem... I will NEVER EVER use those pink, purple, green or baby blue bikes. Regular blue bikes, Guardians, Brown and purple wynns make me happy. I don't need cards to tell the world I'm a girl and I know a few card tricks. I'm not 5 anymore, and I'm pretty sure the spectator will figure out I'm not a dude. You gotta give people more credit than that.

I'm jussayin. Let it go.

Katie

Totally agree with Katie. I don't quite fit the steriotype that most girls do. I enjoy different genres of music (industrial, rock, a bit of metal etc...) I absolutly HATE R&B music and rap. That's just me. I don't fancy the color pink, or little, cute purses and such.
I don't think there is a need for pink bicycle cards. I'm completely fine with my black tigers and my blue/ red back bikes.
With magic tricks, it's the same. I love impromtu effects more then ever, and I'm fascinated by shock magic effects like SAW and Disjointed. It's just what I like.

I'm different. Yay. I'm proud of being different.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results