We need more women in magic...

Jan 2, 2008
why dont we desighn a deck that atracts more girls to the magic scene its cool seeing girls not scared to walk aound with a deck doing sweet stuff.:)

D

Deleted member 2755

What we need are more people that are actually concerned about magic, not cards. ;)

As for girls, just have a decent personality and be easy to get along with and you'll be fine. And don't tell them you do magic the first date either...:rolleyes:

-Steve

Haha, he's not saying that, he's saying the magic community doesn't have enough girls =P.

I do agree with this, but it's just that magic isn't something that most females are itnerested in.:p I think we only have like 3 or 4 people that post on this forum that are not guys.:p

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
why dont we desighn a deck that atracts more girls to the magic scene its cool seeing girls not scared to walk aound with a deck doing sweet stuff.:)

A deck isn't going to do the job. Treating girls/women as equals instead of offering them special treatment would probably be a good start. Not turning into some psychopathic stalker every time one puts a video up might also be a good idea. Try giving the same type of responses you would give to a guy when you see his performance taped. Instead of "damn you look hot with those cards!"....

If you really want to attract more women to magic quit treating them differently and treat them just like another magician.

--Jim

Dec 5, 2007
jimbowmanjr is right.

Treat us equal and you might se some more girls around becaus not doing so is not going to get more girls on the magic forums. Thats the biggest problem really.

I really enjoy talking about magic and alot of other stuff on the forums and on msn/aim atc but most of the time, mostly after they have seen a picture of me the discussion goes from magic to what my bra size is and thats not what i want to talk about. I acctualy know some girls on forums that have guy names to avoid this.

But i have meet some nice guys over here at t11.:)

D

Deleted member 2755

jimbowmanjr is right.

Treat us equal and you might se some more girls around becaus not doing so is not going to get more girls on the magic forums. Thats the biggest problem really.

I really enjoy talking about magic and alot of other stuff on the forums and on msn/aim atc but most of the time, mostly after they have seen a picture of me the discussion goes from magic to what my bra size is and thats not what i want to talk about. I acctualy know some girls on forums that have guy names to avoid this.

But i have meet some nice guys over here at t11.:)

Haha, I'm a guy and I figured that ;) Overall, I have to say though... I just think that generally girls aren't interested in magic as much as men. Women have their interests and men have theirs, sometimes though men like things women usually like and vice versa. However, I think that is a rather good point =P

-Doug

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
This has been discussed on more than one occasion.

There are a lot of women in magic, they are just a little more mature and they are into stage illusions.

Who cares that there aren't so many street magic or flourisher chicks?

A lot of the girls who get into magic aren't in it for the right reasons anyway. They think its "easy" little do they know that you kind of have to give yourself a history lesson along with keeping up with the next best thing.

As for the girls interested and not posting on the forums, well sometimes you guys can be mean, and 15 year old girls (for example) are a lot more sensitive than 15 year old boys (Another example). I don't know if you know this, but guys can be mean, and most of the time girls are not born with thick skin.

Jussayin'

This is an age old question. Open to your interpretation.

Katie

D

Deleted member 2755

This has been discussed on more than one occasion.

There are a lot of women in magic, they are just a little more mature and they are into stage illusions.

Who cares that there aren't so many street magic or flourisher chicks?

A lot of the girls who get into magic aren't in it for the right reasons anyway. They think its "easy" little do they know that you kind of have to give yourself a history lesson along with keeping up with the next best thing.

As for the girls interested and not posting on the forums, well sometimes you guys can be mean, and 15 year old girls (for example) are a lot more sensitive than 15 year old boys (Another example). I don't know if you know this, but guys can be mean, and most of the time girls are not born with thick skin.

Jussayin'

This is an age old question. Open to your interpretation.

Katie

whoah Katie, getting a bit sexist there with the "women are more mature" and "guys can be mean" comments:p

However, I completely agree. I sometimes wonder why people in my school are more attracted to the jerks and potheads than decent guys. I really wonder sometimes. I completely understand why sometimes a female might act as a male on the forums, or why they don't post videos of magic. This is because half the time instead of saying "good job" or "What you can do to improve" they say "that has to be the hottest video I have ever seen" or "My god you are hot." Sure females I'm sure love to be complimented on their looks, but it happens sometimes in the moments where they wish to not be commented on their gender.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I sometimes wonder why people in my school are more attracted to the jerks and potheads than decent guys. I really wonder sometimes.

Things haven't changed much since I was in school it appears. Trust me when I tell you this: When you get out of school women aren't checking out the potheads and scrubs anymore. Security, success, and decency win out in the long run.

Just some advice from a guy who has been there and is 10 years or so ahead of you looking back =)

--Jim

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
I think when she said "mature" she meant "old".

But I don't know what she means; all women are 25.

Yes they are "mature" meaning "A bit older" or "Experienced in life".

AND I really am 25...

And a lot of myspace profiles of the "mature" stage illusion magician ladies say they are at least 100 years old. You can learn a lot from the myspace.

Haha.. You guys are great.

Katie

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
It's like cars, most women don't like cars (racing I mean) it's just naturally like that. But that's ok, that means more girls to impress with magic.

And if you girls don't like to be called hot on them forums then your not hot, hope that makes all of you feel better.

I believe I am one of the few girls in the forums right now. I am relativly new to magic; almost a year in magic. I am really discouraged when reading posts here on the forums, with comments vearing away from magic, and more towards how hot the girl in question is. I agree with what fridoliina says; we should be treated as equals and not like items for your viewing pleasure. Guys on the forums can be mean, even without meaning to be, and girls are sensative. They may take it too hard; it's easier to give up then to continue on. I enjoy magic as much as I enjoy drawing (<<--- that's my life over there; couldn't survive without it). I really love magic, and even though I'm not the best right now, I know i can deffinatly improve.

Please, I know all of the guys aren't making rude comments, but those of you who are, show some respect once in a while will you? Iy'll make a difference.

~ .:Jess:.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results