Question About my IP Address Changing

i posted a download issue earlier...and someone posted that my IP address changes when it get disconnected...and my internet connection gets dissconnected when i use my phone...i have internet broadband and i dunno why it gets interrupted when someone in my house uses the phone...is there anyway of preventing my IP address to change??? and the control download issue for me is still not workin and im GOIN CRAZY...plz help...is there anyway of preventing my IP address to change???

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
i posted a download issue earlier...and someone posted that my IP address changes when it get disconnected...and my internet connection gets dissconnected when i use my phone...i have internet broadband and i dunno why it gets interrupted when someone in my house uses the phone...is there anyway of preventing my IP address to change??? and the control download issue for me is still not workin and im GOIN CRAZY...plz help...is there anyway of preventing my IP address to change???

Because your internet provider dynamically assigns IP addresses to their clients there is no way for you to prevent this without going iinto a business class agreement which gives you a static IP address. In all honesty your IP shouldn't be changing that quickly because there is a lease on each IP assigned so that you could potentially have the same address for 3-4 days.

Given that your broadband connection is probably a DSL line it should be using a different phone number than the main number into your house.

If you are having trouble I would honestly get in touch with customer service here and see if they can help you out. I am sure they have the answer and can help you out directly much better than the rest of us here on the forums can.

http://www.theory11.com/support/

--Jim

Sep 2, 2007
IP addresses, depending on internet service provider, will change on a set basis.

If you are unable to download Control due to a change in your IP address, or if you have any issues, questions, or concerns with your download, simply submit a support ticket directly at http://www.theory11.com/support. The support guys will respond as soon as possible, and will try their best to resolve any issues.

Cheers,
JTM

If you have DSL and someone picks up the phone and you get disconnected, you need to install DSL filters on all the phones and anything else that plugs into a phone jack, except your DSL modem or course.
Once you get disconnected your IP address changes unless you specifically order a static IP address from your provider, my provider is dynamic and it changes as soon as I disconnect and reconnect the modem.

Feel free to PM me any questions as to not clog the Forum.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results