0630 Review

Aug 31, 2007
OK this is my first review. I was originally going to post a T&R project review with this but y2john covered that( http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=3763 ). So...

First thoughts

WOW.. the effect is amazing. I saw the video on youtube and when i read through the little black booklet (awesome "top secret" idea Daren) I realized how ingenious it is.

The gimmick(I hope thats not exposure)

very clever. May be difficult if you have never "gimmicked" a card that way before.

The Method

So elegant. So simple. So open, in a good way. What I mean by that is that the method is very open to changes for your performing style, and ability.The card is a souvenir. (the card can be handed out.)

Clean up

the clean up is simple, and straight forward.

Extra

Daren also gives you a way to restore the card normally. But why would you when you have one of, if not the greatest, T&R effects in your hands.

Afterthoughts (Daren's and mine)

Daren stated in his after thoughts that this was his FIRST effect:)eek:). I would also like to note that Daren this does "own making ends meet".(though I have no regret whatsoever about picking up Huron's T&R Project.)

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, and I will happily answer or edit.

Attachments

• 0630001.jpg
    0630001.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 325
  • 0630002.jpg
    0630002.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 321
Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Does doing this with very old or dirty cards make it any harder to do? I have literally thousands of old cards lying around collecting dust and I was hoping to use those cards for T&R effects

Aug 31, 2007
Does doing this with very old or dirty cards make it any harder to do? I have literally thousands of old cards lying around collecting dust and I was hoping to use those cards for T&R effects

man so do i Thats what i use and it works just fine.. if not better. Both DVDs and 0630 can be done with old cards.

Sep 1, 2007
The Windy City
Oh man, I still haven't received mine yet. I knew it wouldn't come today, knowing that it's Sunday. Maybe tomorrow, a good New Year present. Did anyone in Chicago, Illinois, receive theirs yet?

Jeff

Aug 31, 2007
is the notebook's paper magazine paper??> it looks like it. if not what type of paper is it?

NICK

the cover feels like slick (thin) card stock but the paper is just normal paper. But for a definite answer you should ask Daren or Huron.

Oct 8, 2007
Sorry to bring up a thread that's a already few months old but I have a question.

So you restore the card mismatched right? And you can hand it to them as a souvenir as is right? Does this mean you can create a whole working deck with backs that are all mismatched? I mean, it seems like the card is really restored since you give it out to them. So maybe you can "customize" your own deck?

I don't know, it seems stupid but I've been wondering about the mismatching/restoration for some time now and I only remembered recently to ask this in the forums.

Sorry to bring up a thread that's a already few months old but I have a question.

So you restore the card mismatched right? And you can hand it to them as a souvenir as is right? Does this mean you can create a whole working deck with backs that are all mismatched? I mean, it seems like the card is really restored since you give it out to them. So maybe you can "customize" your own deck?

I don't know, it seems stupid but I've been wondering about the mismatching/restoration for some time now and I only remembered recently to ask this in the forums.

Ok, well it took me about 30 mins to make a crappy first gaff card.Yes, you do give the card out in the mis-matched form, its their signed card, you dont have to of course. I think that answer every thing.

Basicly, you make a gaff card.

Cheers, Tom

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Ok, well it took me about 30 mins to make a crappy first gaff card.Yes, you do give the card out in the mis-matched form, its their signed card, you dont have to of course. I think that answer every thing.

Basicly, you make a gaff card.

Cheers, Tom

It took me like almost an hour, maybe because I'm really bad at that "one thing you have to do." Plus MEM with colour change will practically get the same or better reaction

By the way yes you cold customize your deck but 1. It would take away from the actual effect, 2. The deck would work horribly.

Oct 8, 2007
So that means you're actually making the gaff and restoring it permanently mismatched during the performance of 0630 itself? ........

So that means you're actually making the gaff and restoring it permanently mismatched during the performance of 0630 itself? ........

Ok, I think were going to be going into exposure land soon. So I shall tell you the basic things you need to know about this effect;

1.You WILL need to make a gaff card
2. The effect itself, you get some to pick a card, they sign the face, you then rip the card up into 4 quarters.
3. You Visually mis-match the pieces until restored.
4.Hand out their signed card.

You can also try watching this video 0630

Cheers, Tom

Oct 8, 2007
Yea you're right, don't answer that, sorry.

I just can't explain to myself that you can hand it out to them o_O
Anyway, thanks for answering some of it.

BTW, can you still get 0630 now? Chances are over 500 have already ordered their copies of the T&R Project.

Yea you're right, don't answer that, sorry.

I just can't explain to myself that you can hand it out to them o_O
Anyway, thanks for answering some of it.

BTW, can you still get 0630 now? Chances are over 500 have already ordered their copies of the T&R Project.

Ok well basicly, what you see in the video is excatly what you perform, except the spectator picks the card first.

And as for still getting 0630, as far as can see, you can still get it if you get the T&R Project. It still says so on Hurron's site. www.huronlow.com
I think T&R will start to sell quickly soon, Ive seen it on another online magic shop.

Cheers, Tom

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results