1-on-1 : Commercial

Jul 30, 2008
Hey guys, I checked out the 1-on-1 section and saw this trick called "Commercial" by Dan & Dave Buck. Looks pretty nice and inviting.

Alright, I'll cut to the chase. I'll need answers for these questions.

Firstly, Is it difficult? [ I know it is kind of subjective but it would be nice to provide me with a range. ]

Secondly, Is it just made up of the force and the click change?

Thirdly, Is it practical?

Lastly, would you recommend it?

Your replies would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jul 29, 2008
It's only a force and a change... If you already know both of those sleights, then don't buy it.
No, it's not that difficult, cause, as I said before - it's only a force and a change ;b

Jul 30, 2008
It's only a force and a change... If you already know both of those sleights, then don't buy it.
No, it's not that difficult, cause, as I said before - it's only a force and a change ;b

Thank you for your reply.

I personally do not know both of the sleights.

So is it recommend if such?

Sep 1, 2007
I certainly recommend it. It's one of those great ones that you'd use in "show me a trick" situations. There's no set-up, it's fast, to the point.

I think anyone within the beginner-intermediate ability will be able to pick this up with enough practice.

Firstly, Is it difficult? Yes and no. It takes a little practice mastering the moves, but there's not that much sleight of hand.

Secondly, Is it just made up of the force and the click change? Those are the core elements.

Thirdly, Is it practical? Fairly. You'll have to do well on the force to get it to come out the way you want it. Also, the click change is a bit angle sensitive.

Lastly, would you recommend it? Sadly, no. It's a variable trick, meaning you don't know if you've messed up until the very end.

I would say it's pretty difficult (my only basis for comparison is the Trilogy). The riffle force isn't easy to pull off naturally so your spectator doesn't suspect anything, and the click change is not only difficult to do but is also very angley. It's one of those tricks that you need to practice on people, not just in the mirror. That said, it's a great trick, and as said before, it's fantastic for those "show me a trick" situations.

Jun 6, 2008
Hmmm...

Isn't disclosure of the method, exposure? Its certainly not good for the business model.

John

Dec 30, 2007
Isn't disclosure of the method, exposure? Its certainly not good for the business model.

John

I believe for most magicians here on T11, saying that it's a riffle force and a click change doesn't surprise anyone. If it does surprise someone, said person will probably A.) Buy the product B.) Learn it from a different source.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results