1-on-1 DVD?

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
Just out of curiosity (and forgive me if it's been questioned before, but I don't get to frequent the forums as much as I used to), but has the idea of, after release of the 1-on-1s over a certain time period, putting them on a physical DVD as a collection been brought up or mentioned (I've always been one that liked to own a physical copy of the items I buy)?

I just think it would be cool if, after 10-12 (perhaps 11 keeping in theme of the website) 1-on-1s had been released by a particular artist that they could make a "Chris Kenner 1-on-1 DVD Vol 1" for example.

(Yes, I realize the majority of the 1-on-1 effects are available elsewhere such as Totally Out Of Control, Trilogy, etc...).

Anyway, just an idea...

(and on that note, again, apologies if it's been mentioned before...I did a search for "1-on-1 DVD" but couldn't find anything...)

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
I'm also a person who likes physical copies of items I own, and have wondered this before myself.

However, I doubt it will happen- The DVD would have to cost more than the eleven 1-on-1s one, what with production & shipping costs.

I've resorted to purchasing DVD-Rs and writing all the files from a single artist to it, then grabbing a sharpie and writing the name of the artist on the CD. It works.

D

Deleted member 2755

It is not really needed. I know that people want a DVD of 1 on 1 videos, but then it's is not very fair to the people who bought the 1 on 1's already. If a physical copy came out for a slightly cheaper price (or even of equal price) those who want a physical copy won't get them without re-buying it.

Also, it's not needed. Want a physical copy? Simply back the video up on a CD, DVD, Flash Drive, SD Card, or any other form of external storage. DVDs of 1 on 1's are simply not needed. The only thing it would do is probably add a nice little menu and make people who already bought the download unhappy.

I'm happy with them just being downloadable.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
While I see your point, it shouldn't make those who bought the download unhappy.

Those who purchase the individual downloads as they come out are getting fresh-off-the-press material. By the time an artist has released 11 of them some of the effects on them would've been out for quite some time. And I'm making the assumption that individuals don't purchase EVERY 1-on-1 that goes up...so if they then wanted the physical DVD when it came out, they would get the ones they missed.

It's an irrelevant argument I suppose since I can't imagine it would ever happen, but I'd like it.

Edit: (I just noticed actually that Chris has 11 total now...come on guys...you could start with him :) )

Dec 30, 2007
You could always burn your vid to a DVD. A spindle of em isn't too expensive, and you'd be able to store ALL of your 1on1's, as well as backup your regular DVD's.

Yeah sorry guys, but I don't see the point in the 1 on 1's. I myself have never purchased one and I don't plan to. I own some dvds and those work great and seem to be worth their cost, but, don't get me wrong, I don't see the purpose in the $5 1 on 1's.

Think now, Act later

Apr 28, 2008
I don't want a 1 on 1 DVD at all. It's completely pointless. I would prefer the T11 team to be working on new stuff instead of putting old stuff on DVD's.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results