Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
MOLECULE CUT
by dan&dave
(only review so far i think)

Length: 4 Minutes

What's a molecule?
Well, if your like me (which i know you all want to be... lol) then you enjoy card tricks and coin tricks and do magic for people. Great yeh? Wrong. I see people pulling out crazy flourishes and think that, although it looks a bit show-offy, you want to learn a few cuts for the hell of it...The trilogy tricks disk is on my shopping list but i dont usually like flourishes... anyway its the fourth installment of their molecule cut and it looks very nice when done well.

Price: as usual, $4.95
A great price as the move is shown repeatedly, from several angles, and it comes up with several instructions in text to help you along the way. The music in the background is also enjoyable... :D

Teaching
When i read some reviews on the system, many people commented on how the lack of speech didn't make learning the trick easy. Then i read several reviews on the trilogy which said they had solved the problem by adding speech when needed. Anyway, i had no problem learning with no speech, and the instructions that came up, showing certain points really did help. The move at first seems complex, but as i said before, they break it down into moves and you see the move from multiple angles, again great.

Difficulty
How hard is this molecule of which you speak, i hear you say? I'd say that, if you can handle cards well, can do a few simple cuts and fans etc, and have a nice style, then this isnt that hard at all. I have yet to get it to a good speed, and i dont get the packets to stay together 100% of the time, but after 2 days i have it basically down and its now a matter of practice. So this can be learnt by hardcore flourishers, or basic card handlers, but i cant see it being learnt by someone who had never held cards. As always, it will come with practice, and time.

Misc
I have seen variations, from other people, which are found on disc 2 of the trilogy, and i would like to of maybe seen these added in, but there not essential and its also a good flourish, in the sense that you can add your own style to the move and be creative with your variations.

Conclusion
Overall, i recommend this to people who dont own the trilogy, and want a moderately hard flourish that looks very nice. At $4.95, its very good value and if you give this the time it deserves, it will work for ANY performer. I bought this with 3fry, and i think i had a great balance, as i can do several coin tricks quite well, and i can do a few very simple cuts and flourishes well, but i mainly do card tricks. These 2 videos were a great addition to my already large library of downloads, and they will both be made the most of, and for $9.90, its unbeatable.

OVERALL: 9/10... its not something i usually buy but this video could change that!

The 1on1's are definitely one of, if not, THE best section of the site. Keep it up T11.

joecarr14

ps. Iwould do a review for 3fry but theres an existing one that already sums up my feelings well.... Hope this helps people! :D

edit: i would like to credit 'addy' as i used his review as guide, just so i didnt miss anything out, props to him for his great review of trespass...

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
yeh i know, what i did was use yours as a layout, sorry if it annoys you, ill put a note at the bottom thanks, i just thought most reviews had the same structure... :)

Sep 1, 2007
yeh i know, what i did was use yours as a layout, sorry if it annoys you, ill put a note at the bottom thanks, i just thought most reviews had the same structure... :)

Nono! I'm cool with it haha. Not like I own the copyright to the layout.

By the way great review, and I'm playing with the cut too right now; I just got the download a few days earlier with TresPass. :)

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
good man, your review had the perfect layout for a 1on1 so i used it, and yeh i love the cut, it gets a bit annoying but it is great isnt it.... i wasnt sure about getting trespass, and your review helped me change my mind to get 3fry as it didnt fit my style also... :)

Ace

Sep 2, 2007
Thanks for the review joecarr14.

Is this 1 on 1 the exact video from The Bucks DVD or was this re shot for the 1 on 1?

Thanks!

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I wasn't a fan of this cut. My biggest grievance was the fact that there was no audio, and at times it could be hard to follow the moves, but maybe that's just me... :/

TDA

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
i had no problem learning, sorry guys i didnt know if it was from the trilogy, but this video has the move done from loads of angles and it also has text popping up with arrows pointing to where you need to look which i found invaluable. thanks for the comments on the review...:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results