1-On-1 Reviews: 4for4 Switch & Schwing

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Right then, my first review... EVER :eek:

Chris Kenner's 4for4 Utility Switch

Description: 4 cards are displayed face up, they are turned face down onto the deck and Robert's your Father's Brother, the switch is done; It's THAT good.

Difficulty: Relatively easy with an hours practice. But it'll take lots of practice to make it looks natural and flow without you even thinking about doing it.

Method: What can I say, absolutely brilliant, with this switch and a good knowledge of angle management it is virtually invisible; seriously. You can't see a damn thing, even if you were 5 centimeters away from the cards - Yes I've tested that. :p

If you're anything like me, it'll be a little difficult to do the move smoothly at first, but you'll have it down in no time.

Teaching: Hah, Chris Kenner... What a guy! Great sense of humour and he teaches very well. He goes down to every detail that makes this switch so deceptive, what to do if the spectators are sitting and you're standing (the worst angle) and what to do if there are people surrounding you. The teaching moves along at a steady pace and you'll be able to follow along really easily with a deck in hand (Read: DECK I did say DECK). Chris also goes into the history behind how he came up with this move before showing you just one of the many applications you can get out of the switch.

Applications: Here you get taught a very quick, but really nice magician fooler type effect, I'll quickly outline it. The 4 Aces are shown, they are placed onto the deck, a snap and they have changed to 4 Kings, another snap and they change to 4 Eights!... Want to know the best thing about this? NO breaks pre-switch! None whatsoever for ANYONE to see.

Quality: The quality of the download is stunning and there's really no quality loss even when full screened! I actually managed to put both 4for4 and Schwing onto a disc and when I played them on my HDTV the quality was just as great.

Cost: $4.95! That's £2.50 where I'm from :D and that's less than a bus ticket to go see my boyfriend. At this price, for such a great move I personally think it's an absolute steal - Go buy it... Now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Kenner's Impromptu Rising Card: Schwing

Description: A card is selected and lost in the deck, the magician takes the deck in one hand and slowly, visually, no cover and with ALL FINGERS VISIBLE one card begins to rise... The selected card. NO GIMMICKS, NO THREAD, NO MAGNETS! Just you and a deck of sweet sweet (Manjula - sorry... been watching The Simpsons) sexy playing cards.

Difficulty: It's tough at first but with consistent practice it will be easy to get down. Just like with the 4for4, it'll take lots of practice to get it as smooth as Mr. Kenner.

Method: Tough to say really, I only know 1 or 2 other un-gimmicked rising card effects and both of those have cover, either from the hand or the deck. Chris Kenner's version has all fingers visible and the whole deck is in view. The method is a little tricky to get without pushing it back in (those of you who own this will know what I mean).

With a days consistent practice I'm slowly getting there, but after the initial rise I start having problems - ah well, nothing that more practice can't fix.

Teaching: Just like in the 4for4 switch, Chris teaches this very well however I would've liked more coverage of what problems you might encounter when first trying out the effect and how to overcome these problems. On first viewing the rising explanation seemed a little rushed but sufficient to go back and watch again. - Don't forget that these are only meant to be short downloads so things may seem rushed in order to fit it all in due to file size of the videos - ;)

Extras: After the teaching of the effect, Chris goes on to explain two great ways of controlling the card to where you need it to be, one where the spectator selects a card and shuffles it into the deck and you can find it almost immediately. Another where the spectator merely peeks at/thinks of a card and the card rises out of the deck. Both of these are brilliant little miracles because they're so clean.

Quality: Exactly as the 4for4 the quality is great on PC and the same great quality on disc. Great job with these, guys!

Cost: Want to make a guess at what I might say?... You little mentalist you. The price of these 1-on-1 teaching downloads is far beyond me, I can't understand how cheap they are for such great effects and utilities! Go buy these now before they change their mind on the prices!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall

Overall, I'm very happy with these purchases, £5 for one great utility and an impromptu CLEAN rising card, you just can't go wrong really! However if you DO buy these, make sure you put the effort and practice into making them what made you buy them in the first place!!

Hopefully, I've helped you make a decision if you were unsure on buying these and I hope you enjoyed reading my review.

Keep up the great job Theory11!

- Sean

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I agree, 4for4 is awesome. Basic but an awesome utility for a gambling demonstartion, pure magic, or just by itself.

I like schwing, a good thing for impromptu rising cards. I use Daniel Garcia's Motion more but schwing is great for me if their cards are to cluttered and old for motion.

Aug 31, 2007
4for4 for $5 is one of the best deals on this site. This is a move that you will get TONS of mileage out of. I've been thinking lately of ways it could be used in ace assembly effects. If you are looking to drop a 5 spot, get the 4for4!

hey I have a question about angles. The 4for4 switch, how angle sensitive is this switch. Every time I try the top 3 cards for me is exposed. i must use 3 for an elevator trick I'm working on. maybe a little help for tips maybe?

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
hey I have a question about angles. The 4for4 switch, how angle sensitive is this switch. Every time I try the top 3 cards for me is exposed. i must use 3 for an elevator trick I'm working on. maybe a little help for tips maybe?

Do you have the 4for4 Download? 'Cause Chris goes over the angles in detail and also what to do if there are people around you. It's great advice to have even if you know the switch already.

I guess without going into too much, the angle shown in the demo video is the best angle, but it's very easily adaptable depending on your circumstances.

- Sean

Do you have the 4for4 Download? 'Cause Chris goes over the angles in detail and also what to do if there are people around you. It's great advice to have even if you know the switch already.

I guess without going into too much, the angle shown in the demo video is the best angle, but it's very easily adaptable depending on your circumstances.

- Sean

i have trilogy and they have a version of the 4for4 on the deja vu trick. they dont explain the angles at all.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Yeah I have it too and although they don't explain the angles just practice in front of mirror and you will see where you have to be in comparison to the spectator and you'll get it
now about swing it looks really good, I might get it

Sep 1, 2007
I spent the 5 bucks on the download and man, certainly worth it. I can tell you this, Chris goes into detail about angles and making it look beautiful and natural. There is one piece of advise that he uses for when people are under you or have an angle at your cards that is really useful no matter where people are. I use that with Deja vu all the time. Please, please get the download, it will teach you how to fix any problems you have with the switch.

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
4 for 4 is very awesome, schwing as well.

Chris Kenner seem to actually care about learning away the tricks.

i checked out the Dan and Dave ones, not nearly as good explanations as Chris does. seems like they are just ah damn lets just get this over with zzzzzzz in comparison. even though they do explain it good enough for you to learn.

but they are definitely worth it both 4 for 4 and schwing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results