1-on-1

Oct 6, 2007
I'm very disappointed with Dan and Dave right now. Allowing things to be posted on 1-ON-1. Think of the people that bought the trilogy for the tricks. I bought it for everything, but i'm just really ashamed that they would do that for the people that only want to buy the tricks. Tell me what you think. For me, i think its just not fair. Disappointing...

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
I didn't quite comprehend the explanation you gave as to why you are disappointed. All I understood was that you don't support the decision you made. I, on the other hand, think that there was nothing wrong with what they did. Why shouldn't people have access to purchasing selected tricks and flourishes one by one? I also don't think that it is unfair to the people who bought the whole set. It was their decision and they did not have to know that it would be released on the 1-on1 section. Also, Theory 11 didn't exactly post the entire Trilogy. Basically, I have nothing against with what I did nor do I have anything against your oppinion. Just sharing my thoughts here.

Sep 2, 2007
Think of the people that bought the trilogy for the tricks. I bought it for everything, but i'm just really ashamed that they would do that for the people that only want to buy the tricks. Tell me what you think.
I'm actually happy that there are tricks from the Trilogy that are available in the 1-on-1 section. I can choose the specific tricks that I want -- additionally, people, who instead of having to buy an entire DVD or the entire set, that may not have the money to buy it, can now benefit from Dan and Dave's work.

In the long run, those with the Trilogy will save money because each trick, cut, or sleight that is taught is $4.95, and, considering that each DVD has at least 10 effects, and there are only 8 available in the 1-on-1 section, that's $39.60, much more than the $29.95 per DVD, or the $25 per DVD in the set.

The 1-on-1 videos provide a alternate choice to learn magic "without breaking the bank" -- but, some may not like it, others, such as myself, do.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I myself own the Trilogy, and bought it when it was in its first stage, and I love that T11 is releasing it again as a 2nd edition and on 1-on-1. Hey, maybe the first editions will be worth a little more? I think that it's great that people who can't afford to buy the entire DVD set or DVD alone can now purchase the individual tricks such as Subway and TiVo. Hope to see some good performances!

//David.Misner::

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I'm very disappointed with Dan and Dave right now. Allowing things to be posted on 1-ON-1. Think of the people that bought the trilogy for the tricks. I bought it for everything, but i'm just really ashamed that they would do that for the people that only want to buy the tricks. Tell me what you think. For me, i think its just not fair. Disappointing...

1. They didn't put up all of the bucks tricks, just a few. They also added some flourishes, I believe.
2. I think it's a great idea, because I've been wanting some new tricks and some flourishes, but didn't want to have to pay $75 for the Trilogy (I don't have to anymore)
3. Obviously the Bucks were OK with the idea, and liked it, or else they probably wouldn't have let their material be posted for such a cheap price.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm pretty dissapointed too. I know its for people who may not have a lot of cash, but it also probably attracts kids who don't even do magic, which might lead to exposure. If making a dvd expensive to keep it away from exposure is neccessary, then let it be. but don't make it more avalible then it already is.

I'm pretty dissapointed too. I know its for people who may not have a lot of cash, but it also probably attracts kids who don't even do magic, which might lead to exposure. If making a dvd expensive to keep it away from exposure is neccessary, then let it be. but don't make it more avalible then it already is.

I don't really think it will attract exposure seeking artists as they will probably find somewhere else to get the trick for free.

Personally I like this because it gives people the option of picking and choosing what they want to learn and also for those who want to learn everything, they can just order the full trilogy and save overall.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

Interesting opinion, but you have to remember it's Dan and Dave's material and they can do whatever they want with it =P I'm not dissapointed. I bought the original release of The Trilogy, and I am in no way dissapointed. I'm almost glad! I can't wait to see what they release specifically for Theory 11.

Oct 6, 2007
exposure

i agree on what he said it give the popular tricks out so when yo post a video or performance some "hecklers" or whatever they call it will already know. And if more people find out, some of them dont practice or something (this is only a might) and might expose the trick. just my opinion. and i am disappointed in the bucks decision im sorry not the bucks sorry for that misunderstanding.

i agree on what he said it give the popular tricks out so when yo post a video or performance some "hecklers" or whatever they call it will already know. And if more people find out, some of them dont practice or something (this is only a might) and might expose the trick. just my opinion. and i am disappointed in the bucks decision im sorry not the bucks sorry for that misunderstanding.

but still, why would someone go through all the trouble of buying a video, watching it and then exposing it....it really doesn't make much sense to do something like that just to expose it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results