1 or 3?

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Guys I know this is like my third thread in three days, but which do you think is more justified - Daniel Madison's ONE or III? One seems like a great source for impromptu card magic, and III seems like an omnibus of sleights. I'd like to make a purchase that will increase what I know and improve it with great tricks. If anyone can help that'd be great. :D

Overall I'm an intermediate card guy, a bit of a move monkey but appreciate all card stuff. Thanks in advance.

Ian

May 25, 2009
I feel ONE is a better overall purchase as compared to III. I have the whole lecture notes trilogy and I find myself using more effects from ONE as opposed to III.

III definitely has more sleights tacked on but I find that a fair bit of them can be easily replaced by other much more effective sleights.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Guys I know this is like my third thread in three days, but which do you think is more justified - Daniel Madison's ONE or III? One seems like a great source for impromptu card magic, and III seems like an omnibus of sleights. I'd like to make a purchase that will increase what I know and improve it with great tricks. If anyone can help that'd be great. :D

Overall I'm an intermediate card guy, a bit of a move monkey but appreciate all card stuff. Thanks in advance.

Ian

Ok... To generalise...

Three is more suited towards advanced card workers. One is more suited towards less advanced card workers.

One hands you everything on a platter - you get brilliant routines, ideas, concepts, etc.

Three, you have to work towards. It gives you an array of sleights, ideas, and concepts - but for the most part, you have to have the ability and experience to be able to put them to greatest use.

So an advanced magician will get more use out of Three, and vice versa.

Jul 19, 2009
yeah i agree with prae. if you want to work on your sleights then III is for you. If you want more routines, ONE is for you. i personally love them both.

-M.

Apr 1, 2009
California
Unless it's a money issue, you could go my route and wait for his highly anticipated (in my world anyway) hardcover work Inside, featuring all of his pdf's to date.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results