15 and Wanting to Begin Restaurant Magic

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I would follow Luis's advice....he is exactly correct. He and I talk about this all of the time because we both work a lot of gigs like this.

If you have $100 and you have enough effects, then i highly advice getting yourself a nice new shirt, pants, or shoes. Appearance is a huge deal as well. I always make sure my shirts are nice, I wear a tie, sports coat, shoes are shined, etc.

I would follow Luis's advice....he is exactly correct. He and I talk about this all of the time because we both work a lot of gigs like this.

If you have $100 and you have enough effects, then i highly advice getting yourself a nice new shirt, pants, or shoes. Appearance is a huge deal as well. I always make sure my shirts are nice, I wear a tie, sports coat, shoes are shined, etc.

I already have all of that, I fit in to my dad's shoes and he has a lot of nice stuff (I sound like a douche there).

J, I find that a lot of hard hitting stuff like pressure or smoke will use a gimmick and it is a fast easy thing to do.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
For impromptu material that uses no gimmicks, and no cards and minimal coins, I would check out Gregory Wilson's On The Spot, and Off The Cuff. Also, look at sankeymagic.com. Jay Sankey has TONS of material without cards or coins and most of it is pretty simple, straight forward, and impromptu

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
If you are a part of The Magic Session community, Luke Dancy sent you an email that taught an awesome effect that is made specifically for restaurants: Making the Bill Disappear and Reappear in an Impossible Place. If you didn't, then it's a pretty easy effect to figure out on your own but that's a suggestion on a trick that uses minimal setup and hits hard. (And doesn't use cards or coins) :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results