1on1 - Corrupt Video File ?

Aug 31, 2007
I have already submitted a ticket for this but I figured that I would start a thread to see if anyone else is having this problem. I purchased 4for4 because I was curious to see how this 1on1 thing worked. But it seems that everytime I have traid to play it either freezes and crashes my system(Quicktime 7.2) or it sticks for a while sometimes showing video sometimes just AUdio. The only part that play without any error is the very beginning where it is showing the Theory 11 logo. It freezes right as the 1 on the left does it's thing. I have attepmpted to redownload it 3 times thus far incase it was a bad DL with no results, I am trying to save my last DL Just in case.

BTW, I have also tried converting this movie to WMV Because I think that Quicktime has an Issue with WIndows vista to begin with but that did not work either.

Sep 1, 2007
I have already submitted a ticket for this but I figured that I would start a thread to see if anyone else is having this problem. I purchased 4for4 because I was curious to see how this 1on1 thing worked. But it seems that everytime I have traid to play it either freezes and crashes my system(Quicktime 7.2) or it sticks for a while sometimes showing video sometimes just AUdio. The only part that play without any error is the very beginning where it is showing the Theory 11 logo. It freezes right as the 1 on the left does it's thing. I have attepmpted to redownload it 3 times thus far incase it was a bad DL with no results, I am trying to save my last DL Just in case.

BTW, I have also tried converting this movie to WMV Because I think that Quicktime has an Issue with WIndows vista to begin with but that did not work either.

Did you download codecs? and what type of file is it?

Sep 1, 2007
I'm having the EXACT same problem with the impromtu rising card download. Can somebody from T11 please tell me why it does this? It's pretty frustrating.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm having the EXACT same problem with the impromtu rising card download. Can somebody from T11 please tell me why it does this? It's pretty frustrating.

I may be able to help you if you tell me, Did you download codecs? and what type of file is it? and what are you trying to play it in?

Sep 1, 2007
I may be able to help you if you tell me, Did you download codecs? and what type of file is it? and what are you trying to play it in?

Well, I don't know what codecs is or what kind of file(but it's not WMV). I'm trying to play in on quicktime, I'm pretty sure that's your only choice but I could be wrong. I even tried redownloading it but it didn't make a difference.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, I don't know what codecs is or what kind of file(but it's not WMV). I'm trying to play in on quicktime, I'm pretty sure that's your only choice but I could be wrong. I even tried redownloading it but it didn't make a difference.

go here.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DJBCP_Codec_Pack.htm

Click "Download DJBCP Codec Pack"

Then it will install. When you click the t11 file, right click it and click "Open with windows media player"

Or if thats not there, just click "open with"

then looks for windows media player. Then it should work.

Sep 1, 2007
I played it on Windows Media Center and the sound didn't even work and it still paused in the same places. It's obviously something wrong with the download that T11 needs to fix.

Sep 1, 2007
I played it on Windows Media Center and the sound didn't even work and it still paused in the same places. It's obviously something wrong with the download that T11 needs to fix.

hmmm.... It sounds like a codec problem. Its the same thing that happend to me with other files. Thats weird. The last thing you can do is try to load it into windows movie maker, that works for some reason. If it still does not work then its there fault.

Sep 1, 2007
hmmm.... It sounds like a codec problem. Its the same thing that happend to me with other files. Thats weird. The last thing you can do is try to load it into windows movie maker, that works for some reason. If it still does not work then its there fault.

Nope. Still didn't work. It was actually worse. Please T11, you need to fix this because this is obviously something wrong with your download.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Zeus/Dave,

I assure you that the download files themselves are not corrupted. Tons of people have downloaded since last night's release, and we've only heard of a few with any issue.

Be sure you have the latest version of Apple Quicktime installed; you may want to try redownloading and reinstalling a fresh version of Quicktime from www.quicktime.com. If you still have any issue, contact our support guys at www.theory11.com/support and we'll do everything we can to get you up and running.

i have not bought any of the 1on1 downloads so im not sure what file type they are .. but if its a .mov or .mp4 you need to update your Quicktime player... go to www.apple.com and get the latest release... if the file is anything else do a search on google for VLC Player and install that .. that will be the last media player you will ever need to use.

Sep 1, 2007
If someone could just right click on the file and click properties. Then tell us what the heck it is, we could fix it.

Sep 1, 2007
Ok, I just thought that I'd come back to this thread and say that when I burned the download to a CD and then played it on a different computer it worked perfectly fine(thanks for the advice Jonathan, you guys have great service). Sorry for my accusations saying that the download was flawed, I'm predicting big success from 1-on-1 in the future and I think it's a great addition to the site. Thanks for everything :)

Aug 31, 2007
i have not bought any of the 1on1 downloads so im not sure what file type they are .. but if its a .mov or .mp4 you need to update your Quicktime player... go to www.apple.com and get the latest release... if the file is anything else do a search on google for VLC Player and install that .. that will be the last media player you will ever need to use.

I just wanted to tell you that I downloaded VLC Player and it did the trick. Thank you for your post!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results