2nd Edition Guardians: Questions

This is not a review, but it will become one when the questions are answered by those who already have the 2nd Edition Guardians.

I don't have one yet, so here are my questions.

Considering my bad experience with the first edition of Guardians.

Could you guys answer some questions about the second edition?

How are the edges? The first edition had very rough edges to the point where you can see the paper cuts made by the manufacturing process.

Thickness? Are the 2nd edition thicker than the 1st? I think the 1st edition where too thin for my taste.

Finish: I know they are Air Cushion, but is there a major improvement on the 2nd Edition? Do they clump at all.

Black Color: Are the 2nd Editions darker black or do they still have that washed away look to them? If you look at the T11 card that comes with them, that is a good example of Black. The actual deck for the 1st edition was no where near this black color. This may be by design, I just hope they are dark black this time around. They look cheap with the faded black in my opinion.

Centered Backs: On the 1st edition, the white boarder on the back where off center on many cards. It was hit or miss. How about the 2nd Edition. Did the quality control of these improve on centering the back design to the stock?

Please let me know.

Sep 2, 2007
This is not a review, but it will become one when the questions are answered by those who already have the 2nd Edition Guardians.

How are the edges? The first edition had very rough edges to the point where you can see the paper cuts made by the manufacturing process.

Thickness? Are the 2nd edition thicker than the 1st? I think the 1st edition where too thin for my taste.

Finish: I know they are Air Cushion, but is there a major improvement on the 2nd Edition? Do they clump at all.

Black Color: Are the 2nd Editions darker black or do they still have that washed away look to them? If you look at the T11 card that comes with them, that is a good example of Black. The actual deck for the 1st edition was no where near this black color. This may be by design, I just hope they are dark black this time around. They look cheap with the faded black in my opinion.

Centered Backs: On the 1st edition, the white boarder on the back where off center on many cards. It was hit or miss. How about the 2nd Edition. Did the quality control of these improve on centering the back design to the stock?

Please let me know.
1.the edges are good
2. REALLY THICK
3.Well, It feels very similar to the E custom decks
4.They are a more intense and dark black
5. Um... There are a few off centered but nothing really bad

Sep 1, 2007
I think they're exactly the same thickness. I just stacked them together and they look to be the same. One of the things they specifically said was that thicker isn't always better, and the wanted thinner more easily manipulated cards.

The backs are DEFIANTELY darker. They don't look washed out. When I got them the edges were kind of rough but they quickly smoothed out. The edges were perfectly aligned to the point where I had to make a post about it (when they're all the same way, because the backs ARE one way). When you have the backs all lined up the edges matched pefectly.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado

Please let me know.
1. They are much better. Almost identical to the edges on a regular deck of Bicycles.
2. The thickness is different... Less rigid it feels like.
3. The finish is soooooooo much better, I love it.
4. The black color is darker, making the cards look sharper and less faded than before.
5. Haven't looked for the one-way yet.

You guys are great.

Thank you for answering my questions. Seems the 2nd Edition Guardians are a major improvement.

I will order 3 of them now and post a second review comparing them to my review of the 1st Edition.

I do want to say that I like Thicker Stock, but not too thick. The Vipers for example are too thick for my taste. The Masters Editions are perfect.

There are advantages to a thinner stock but it must be stiff. If the card is thin and not stiff, it would cause some problems in my opinion. If the cards are thin and stiff/rigid. You can do allot with them.

Double Lifts would be a good example. Thinner is better, but they must be stiff.

Some color changes may work better with thicker cards, so you have to find that Gray Area.

Either way, I will get some more.

Thanks again.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results