3 Effects!

Feb 3, 2010
Perth
Hey all. My names Samuel, long time reader first time poster.

I've recently joined my local magic club (WASM West Australian Society of Magicians). The next meeting is in 3 weeks and i have to perform 3 effects to show my "enthusiasm ". The club is mainly children performers and stage magicians and I wanted to do 3 effects to represent the new generation of magicians. So far i've decided on Yigal Mesika's Haunted Deck and Wayne Houchin's THREAD, any one have suggestions for the 3rd effects, all suggestions welcome.

Thanks, Sam

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Keep in mind that it isn't the "effect" that these magicians will enjoy. They will be looking for the entertainment value and your showman ship as well. Now, that being said if you are new to the group which it sounds like, you may be a little nervous but don't be afraid to jump into character and have fun.

In our ring...it does not matter how poor your initiation show is. Everyone gets to join. The older members like to see your progress after you have joined.

I like your two choices. Your third one can be anything that you are comfortable with.
Coins, rubber bands, etc. You have a deck trick, thread effect, I would choose something else now. Maybe there is a classic effect that you can show your own little twist on.

gio

May 3, 2009
Poland
Hey all. My names Samuel, long time reader first time poster.

I've recently joined my local magic club (WASM West Australian Society of Magicians). The next meeting is in 3 weeks and i have to perform 3 effects to show my "enthusiasm ". The club is mainly children performers and stage magicians and I wanted to do 3 effects to represent the new generation of magicians. So far i've decided on Yigal Mesika's Haunted Deck and Wayne Houchin's THREAD, any one have suggestions for the 3rd effects, all suggestions welcome.

Thanks, Sam

Hi

At first sory for my english. ithink it can be nice if You will perform 5 speed and than do hounted deck, and than do a classic gypsy thread and take you performance to samthing more real than magic by doing thread. The story about hudini will be very good righr here. its just my sugesstion :)

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I agree with gio, if you're not doing gypsy thread before thread already do it. It can be an effect all it's own.

What other tricks do you know?

What kind of character are you when you perform?

These things would help us determine what you should do.

Feb 3, 2010
Perth
Thanks guys for all your advice, I think i've decided on 3 effects (I wont do THREAD. I was talking to my friend [Also performing when i perform] and we agreed that gypsy thread and THREAD go so well either do both or none).

So i'll be performing
1. Winged Silver. Show them i know the classic, and can work with coins
2. Haunted deck. Cause it's bound to freak out some of the oldies
3. Instinct by Matthew Mello. It's a great and suspenseful shock effect.

Feb 5, 2010
i see that you already have the effects in mind. but if it was me i would but control on that list. its a great effect. and if done right the showmanship is amazing.

Feb 3, 2010
Perth
Yer, defiantly gonna do a coins across routine and haunted deck. As for the 3rd i wanna do a geek/shock effects, like control or instinct so if anyone has suggestions for cool effects let me know, thanks

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results