A Bad Day

Well, just got back from the E.R and thought, what a horrible day I am truly having. Though tomorrow is a new day and if lucky my head injury will help me forget it.

This story is completely true and happened today on Oct. 8th 2009, and this is to help some of those that may have scares about performing or who just a god awful day.

Well, started just fine and did some easy workout stuff and headed over to a friends house and showed him new stuff and he was definitely pleased with everything. We decide to head to the mall since it's Thursday and won't be to busy and try out some magic.

Unfortunately we couldn't find anybody out of roughly 40 to 50 people we asked since most of them were apparently in a rush or just wanted to get the hell out of there. Finally we just went to the arcade and played a bit and decided to try something for a guy while we were waiting to cash in tickets.

I started off with a reveal but unfortunately I got it completely wrong and made me look like a jackass with cards. He was kind though and decided to go for something really simple like Blueprint and while I am almost 100% sure I did everything right it apparently wasn't his card at the end kicker. So two effects that pretty much bombed and my self confidence is pretty low.

So I go for broke and just do a ACR which goes over well and end it with a card to mouth but somehow my lip got cut by the card when I put it up there and I dropped the card. So 0 for 3 in effects and we decided to head out after the guy was really kind after watching the most horrible display of magic I have ever put on.

Later on I play in a company softball game and not to sound over confident but I'm quick on my feet and can catch anything that comes to the outfield. Well that wasn't the case today, I dropped 4 balls that were easily catchable and three other ones flew over my head. I feel really bad about the day and it's the last inning and I hit a grounder to the shortstop who bobbles it and I run my a#$ off to first and I trip up right at the base and POP the softball cracks me right in the head, maybe an inch above my temple. Btw I was safe at the bag if anybody was wondering.

Go to E.R and it wasn't to bad, quick hour in and I'm all back and feeling kind of fine with a big old knot on my head. I head back and realize that even though it was a crappy day that tomorrow is definitely a new one. Guess what I'll be doing, going to BJJ practice, then softball practice, and to top it off doing some walkaround in downtown. I bombed in magic, and athletics but I know that you can only have a bad streak for so long before things start clicking.

Best of Luck to everybody and thanks for reading.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I second ^...

Don't worry, in a little while, you'll be able to look back and laugh at the amount of s*** that all had to happen in one day. Surely that's like a year's worth, lol.

But you're absolutely right, and it's good to see you have the right attitude. Whoo!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results