A Full Show from Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I've often mentioned that you could do a full show using Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. I've done a bunch of methods and effects from those books including the Coin Through Pant Leg, the Bigger Card Trick, Bill to Lemon, Three Way Test, Tic-Tac-Toe Prediction and Chapstick Caper.

So my question is simple, if you only had Mark Wilson's Complete Course, what effects would be in your show? They can be effects in there "as is", you can change the presentation (using card effects with other card like objects or you can use the effects and build on them by adding other effects.

I'll have to look thorugh it again to see what effects I'd choose. I already have Bill in Lemon and Bigger Card in my show. I've always wanted to build a version of the Tip Over Trunk and my own Square Circle.

So, put on your creativity hat and tell us, what's in your show?

Reactions: Rev and Josh_Hayden
So what I have is a huge book of Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. I always just thought it was one giant book but perhaps I am missing volumes?

As far as what I have from the book that I use, anything that is in pages 435-469, serpentine silk, impossible rope escape, rope and coat release, bill in lemon, and million to one are the ones that stand out to me for now. For the time being I can't really construct a show out of just that book alone because it takes me a while to think of a theme and a message that I want to make out of a show. Once I have it, I'll definitely type it up and respond.

Great idea RealityOne! I love this challenge. I may even take this a step further and do a show solely on this, film it, and share it with you guys if I get booked again after my show in May.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
So, this is just a listing of effects for a parlor or close-up show without my presentation:

• Mark Wilson Billiard Ball Routine (p.412)
  • Sorcerer's Stamp Album (p.352)
  • Sponge Sorcery (p. 393)
  • Instant Transpo (p. 110) / Mystic Countdown (p.131) (using the DB in Instant Transpo for the SC in Mystic Countdown and substituting a DL for Step 8 - think about it) /Bigger Card (p.340)
  • Cords of Fantasia (p. 303) (using a laquered chopstick, chinese coins and velvet roping based on Alan Wakeling's Cords and Coins)
  • Comedy Cut and Restored Paper (353)
  • Cups and Balls with Lemon Finish (p.425)
  • Bill to Lemon (p.231)
  • Coins Across (p. 207) and The Coin in the Ball of Wool (p. 209)
  • Circle Square Goldfish Production (p.378)

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I feel like this could be my new show :) There's some great stuff in this book.

Here's a possible set list that I could almost see myself performing.

The Six Bill Repeat pg. 228
The Great Coat Escape pg. 258
Double X Mystery pg. 38
The Sucker Torn and Restored Napkin pg. 305
Genii Saves the Day pg. 170
Million to One pg. 325
The Envelope Stand pg. 334
Continuous Coins pg. 200
Coin in Ball of Wool pg. 209

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results