A "Grand" Journey

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
This is for you Steve.

My Saturday started like any other Saturday. I got up, went on the computer, practiced some magic. But, starting at around 9, it changed. I was going to go up to Carmichael for the Control party. I left my house with a backpack filled with cards, Totally out of Control, and Control.

I had a bus to catch. At approximately 10:15, I got on the Amtrak bus for a quick ride to Emeryville, where I was going to catch the train to Sacramento.

The train was supposed to come at 10:50. 11:00 rolls around, and no train. At 11:05, a mechanical voice says, "The train to Sacramento will be arriving at 11:10 AM."

What?? I have a schedule here people. There was a second train I had to catch in Sacramento, and I couldn't miss it.

While waiting, I realize I need 3.50 for the bus. I check my wallet, and come up with a 10.

Crap.

Let's put it this way. I bought a Snickers bar at 11 in the morning, just so I could get change. Good times...

Finally, the damn train arrives. I hop on, and we're off!

At about 12:30, I get a brain fart (yes) and I think my second train leaves at 12:50. I start getting freaked out, and the question pops into my head, "Is Wayne really worth this?" Luckily, my mind restarts and I realize I have another hour until my second train leaves. Wayne lives to see another day...

I finally arrive in Sacramento, I find my way to the Light Rail Station. Just as I finish buying a ticket, a train pulls away. I confront the man in charge, and he tells me that the train that just left was the Gold Line.

Guess what guys. I NEEDED TO CATCH THE GOLD LINE.

Luckily I learn that the Gold Line comes every 20 minutes.

Whew!

The Gold Line pulls up, and I take it to 8th and O Street. I then transfer to another train, which will take me to the final transfer.

On this train, I make some friends. Kind of. There is one man with a raccoon hat on his head waving to everybody, so I immediately like him. A second man is rolling bongs, and I don't like him. I guess I'm picky.

I get off to wait for the last bus. There is a woman arguing with a stop sign, and a man smoking a cigarette arguing with the woman's back.

Fun.

After about 45 minutes of agonizing Ipod music, the bus finally comes. I ask the man to tell me when my stop comes, as I don't live there, and he tells me when. I get off, and realize I still have about 5 blocks left.

I hate the bus driver.

Let's get something straight. Carmichael blocks are not normal blocks. They're maybe 10 times longer than a normal block.

I start walking. And I keep walking. And I keep walking. (Repeat).

Finally, I see the welcoming castle like shop with bars over the windows.

Grand Illusions!

I walk in, and you can get the rest of the story from there.

So that's it guys. My "grand" journey to Grand Illusions (haha get it?).

Wayne, you better be thankful that I love you so much.

Peace guys,

David

D

Deleted member 2755

Wow. Haha, well I hope you had fun. ;) I would've done that to meet Wayne. =P

-Doug

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
You should make a movie on that, ful of suspense comedy and action, (woman arguing with the stop sign, with some computer effects that could get rough).

Nice story I'm sure you had fun there. "Is Wayne really worth it?" that's crazy talk, how could you let a question like that even come in to your mind. Haha that was so funny how after that you are like "then my mind restarts".

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
You should make a movie on that, ful of suspense comedy and action, (woman arguing with the stop sign, with some computer effects that could get rough).

Nice story I'm sure you had fun there. "Is Wayne really worth it?" that's crazy talk, how could you let a question like that even come in to your mind. Haha that was so funny how after that you are like "then my mind restarts".

Haha alright, I'll tell you when Dreamworks calls me back.

David

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results