A little softer?

Jun 14, 2008
Unna, Germany
Hi there,

I do my stuff mostly with Arrcos, Bicycle or Guardians but would like to have some cards that are a little softer than Bicycle stock. anybody out here who can comment on this?

I have problems with stiff card stock ( Wynn's seem to be very stiff) and I just want to try out some deck that has a softer feel.

Thanks in advance,

Ravi

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Yes, Wynns are very stiff. That's why they aren't used often in card magic; they are used for flourishing.

Er, how are you "having problems" with Bicycle stock cards?

Jun 14, 2008
Unna, Germany
I think Bicycle stock cards need to be breaked in.

If you handle them for a few minutes then, it is okay. But before this ( out of the box) Bicycle cards are stiff.

I use Arrcos Regulation most of the time and I think they feel softer and it is easier/ faster to break them in.

and now I just wanted to know if you out there know of another brand/ stock that feels a little softer.

I do not remember exactly but what about Stud cards?

Ravi

Oct 8, 2007
Studs are good. Nice and soft, but durable. Aladdins are good, but get the ones w/ the smooth finish on eBay.

Nov 6, 2007
I found that Tally-Ho Circle backs were extremely soft right out of the box. However, the Fan backs I own are not.

I don't know.... then again, I only own 2 decks of circle backs which I ordered of Penguin because of free shipping :)

Oct 8, 2007
Ah yes, old Studs. You can find those on eBay, and you could get the newer ones in your local Walgreens. The older ones have more vibrant and lighter/brighter colors: Click Here or Here

While newer Studs have maroon and navy backs: Click Here

Pinochle, but still, that is what they look like. I personally recommend old studs.

Sep 1, 2007
I would highly recommend you to try an Absolut vodka deck. THey feel so soft and it doesn't need any breaking in. You can get one Here
Cheers
Andrew

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results