luisvega.com.mx
"Mentalism Show"
Journal of Dec 18
by Luis Vega​

My phone rings...

-Yes?
-Hello!!..this is Luis Vega
-of course!! what can I do for you?
-It´s Mariana!! from MGC EVENTS...how are you doing?
-I am doing great!! how are you?
-fine!! thanks!!...so listen I have an event coming soon...is a corporate dinner..and I would like to have something sofisticated and smoth for entertainment...can you help me?
-of course!!...send me the especifications to my mail!...and I´ll be sure to check it out...
-thank you so much!!

Since I got together with event planners...I got this calls all the time...following Benji Bruce´s advice has really boosted my gigs in the city...albeit with some difficulties since the event planners are difficult people sometimes..and I really have to work in my magic...but it´s great!!...

I send her and e-mail detailing a mentalism show...I usually do magic but I am also a mentalist...and I feel this gig is more suited for a mentalism show...since it´s older people with a lot of money and bussiness...also is in a place where I cannot prepare previously the magic...so I am gonna have to go with pure mentalism...

I agree the sum and get ready that day...I have to say that getting a mentalism show is not easy....going with the flow is difficult..and I don´t want to bore people...so I prepare some "visual" mentalism...and combine it with some predictions, leaving the longest (but awesome ) pieces at the end...

I arrive half and hour early...I ask my cousin to come with me to take pictures of the show...it would be nice...unfortunately Mariana tells me that he had some trouble (the guests ate the food very fast) so I have to start right away!!

I silently set my table...a nice victorian table with all my stuf in there..and...then I begin...

They are set in a table...15 people talking and having a good time...so I introduce myself to them..and do some quick magic in the table...suddenly everyone is looking at me...and do some simple magic...then I tell them that I´ll do something in the stage

I begin with liquid Metal... though is not "mentalism" per se...it does make a good opener... since it´s visual and sets my reputation quickly...I add some loop work on the fork..and...it´s all done!!

I had a "under the chair" quick prediction...but I didn´t have the time to set under a chair..so I just pass it...

Then I explain about influence and how people are so easy controlled by it...so I ask a person to think of a number from 1-10 and then I show a large card with numbers..and tell them to chose one of them...each number, as it turns out has a symbol behind it and then I show a big card that has the predicted symbol behind the number...Max maven has something similar..so I did my own... (see picture)

Then I proceed some watermark...I have done this tons of times...so I speak about leaving a personal mark on everything we touch...and how there is more than met the eye...so I ask someone to think of a simple shape...and then take his napkin and concentrate on it...suddenly when he is ask to spring water...the shape he thought appears on it...NICE!!...now everyone really thinks I have some kind of power...

I continue with some psycho kinesis stuf...and leave the mind reading at the end...like 3 envelope test, Machine by Dee Christopher...since machine establishes how everyone has the power of mind reading...I proced to close the show with psychokinetic touches with some twists...

Overall...is a difficult audience (old people...some of them with some booze) but they applaud and come to shake my hand after the show is over...I do some close up mind reading afterwards, and talk to them...

Mariana is so grateful...I do have somethings that I learned in this gig..

+I need a sound system...right freaking now!!
+I have to check some tricks that are not fully reliable...
+ I need to specify the event planner that I have to present my show...before the drinks are served!!
+ Some pictures of the place I am going to perform would be nice to have in advance
+I look awesome in my new suit!!..I mean...c´mon...I work out!! and this is something really important..if you look good...your magic looks better!!

I get paid in cash, and have a quick meal...I pay my cousin the agreed payment..and we go home...I realize the potential of the mentalism show...I just need to keep working!!

3488_442920842429691_842481575_n.jpg281329_442920895763019_1065374519_n.jpg154439_442921005763008_447797698_n.jpg560847_442920935763015_1572119143_n.jpg521531_442920885763020_96133685_n.jpg16829_442920969096345_505741540_n.jpg

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Luis,
Sounds like you did well and also learned some things for future gigs. Yes, the new suit looks sharp with the white shirt and collar hanging out over top. If you are interested in a cheaper sound system but fairly decent quality...I use the Happy Amp 2.0. Perhaps you have heard of it. Tons of guys use them. For the money you get great microphone sound. Not very good for music but a very clear sounding mic for audiences in gymnasiums and bigger rooms.

http://www.happieamp.com/happieamp2.html

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hey Rick!1

thanks man!!..I do need to get a sound system...many gigs have their own....but some don´t...also It would make me look more profesional...this one looks good...

Wait until you see the "Dark Magician" look..is pretty awesome!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results