A quick change

Oct 6, 2007
To all:

I apologize for my defensive attitude, and I guess I was way up in the clouds with me 'new creation'.

I understand that the change is not 100% original, but I believe it has somewhat of a new 'touch' to existing concepts.

We all have bits and pieces of resources enough to call this color change not original, and I thank you all for bringing those up.

Again, I apologize for my attitude and I thank you for being harsh- there's no success without any pain.

With that being said, this is specifically addressed to Guardian 452 (or whatever your username is)...

I understand what you mean by 'loading' a card on top is a color change. But what I was trying to say with respect to the load used in the Pip Matrix effect, is that the sleight is used to accomplish a different effect. You get what I mean? Although we are (method-wise) doing the same thing, the effect we accomplish is different- he is moving the pips on a card, which I am changing the card.

So I really don't fancy a lengthly (and rather, one-sided) argument on the originality of the color change.

I'm satisfied with 'semi-original' (that until I find the exact same thing published in a book written decades ago).

Darosa, I respect that you apologized, that shows some maturity in my opinion.

One last thing (I think I was unclear in my original post), this move has been used as a card CHANGE before (ex. changing 4 of spades into king of diamonds), not just as a load.

I can go back through my Transfixed DVD to get the name for you, if you wish.

All the best,
Sharp

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
justin, i to respect you and apologize for getting a little frustrated and angry in my posts.
shaprest lives, if you could please get the name for ME at least i would appreciate it

Nov 6, 2007
@ sjsawer:

It's not a big deal.

You;re just making it one.

Right... that's why this thread is 5 pages long, with 2 posts being mine.

All I said in my last 10 posts in this thread was how loading a card on top of another is the same thing as a color change.

What I still don't understand, is how loading a card on top of another, is a CHANGE? Ok, you may say that TECHNICALLY the card has changed, but it is not a color change

Why do you contradict yourself?

As for the convincers...I applaud you for catching it on the first go. You must have some superhero power eyes. Would you like a medal?

No. I just pay attention.

I apologize for my defensive attitude, and I guess I was way up in the clouds with me 'new creation'.

Thanks.

Sep 3, 2007
I for one don't think this move lends itself well to a color change. The method is too obvious and the original thought will be "he just dropped a card on." That being taken away by the orientation of the cards and 2nd card being face down might not be as important to the uninitiated as it is to us. Let us know how some performances of this go, because I'm betting this will be the first thing out of most peoples mouth (or thoughts). Only for you to proove that is not the case which leaves a lot to be desired.

As for the discrepancy at the beginning. I noticed this but I do think it would work given most people aren't aware of these types of subleties.

Oct 6, 2007
I for one don't think this move lends itself well to a color change. The method is too obvious and the original thought will be "he just dropped a card on." That being taken away by the orientation of the cards and 2nd card being face down might not be as important to the uninitiated as it is to us. Let us know how some performances of this go, because I'm betting this will be the first thing out of most peoples mouth (or thoughts). Only for you to proove that is not the case which leaves a lot to be desired.

As for the discrepancy at the beginning. I noticed this but I do think it would work given most people aren't aware of these types of subleties.

Hey,

Thanks a lot for for advice. That was the first thing I thought of when I came across this color change, so I made a little adjustments to be able to show the 'single' face up card in the deck.

I'll be sure to tell you how it goes in performance. But, color changes don't really get a HUGE response unless in a trick, so I'll try.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results