A Transpo Effect (Video)

Aug 14, 2010
Iowa
I came up with / discovered this idea for a quick two-card transposition the other night, which I'm tentatively referring to as the "Shake Transpo," for lack of a better name.

It's based on work I've been doing with a sleight from Hugard's Card Manipulations, as well as the overall concept of Wayne Houchin's French Kiss. I'm not claiming this is original, because I'm sure the idea's been out there forever... let me know if this belongs to someone so I can credit them.

I don't have any real patter yet; something similar to the narrative structure in the video might work, at least for the main part: "Watch. If I give the deck a shake, you can actually see the instant that your card vanishes and my card appears. And naturally, if my card is now on top of the deck, yours must be in my pocket." Suggestions are welcome.

Without further ado:

[video=youtube;CyqtnWJvrnA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyqtnWJvrnA[/video]​

Let me know what you think.

Thanks a ton!

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
The effect is basically a visual Here, There and Everywhere but besides that, not much crediting needed.
Some tips on the effect:
1) Personally, i wouldn't force the card. What i would do is say to the audience "How about we do something different to the card tricks you usually see with a card selected, shall we? Let's just use two random cards... the King of Clubs will be our first card......" and so on. I feel it is nicer to do it this way. Just my opinion :)
2) The great thing about Here, There and Everywhere is that it happens in the spectators hands. That is the key point that makes this trick strong. Maybe you could rework the handling slightly for it to happen in their hands. I know one way you can do this. (PM me for more info on that)

Other than those minor details, it's nice that you are creating your own handlings for classic tricks to suit your needs and it was a very good performace overall. Well done. :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results