Adding Production Value: Pre-Production

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
Hello Theory11 members and aspiring Wire artists,

This post is for those who want to add production value to their releases. This is what sets your effect from good to the best. Whether you have a high budget or low budget, I will give you tips to make your download stand out from the rest. I have 4 years of production experience under my belt making cardistry and magic videos.

Please note that I will not cover how to create your effect as that comes with time as well as creativity.

Pre-Production

This is the first stage of any production and is where you plan out everything. This part is often over-looked and is equally or even more important than shooting or editing. The great part about pre-production is that anyone can do it and it requires no cost whatsoever. Here are things to consider:

1. Where are you going to shoot it? Multiple locations, on the streets, in a studio. What the audience sees in the background is very important.

2. How are you gong to teach it? Verbal or non-verbal? If you will teach verbally, write a script. No one likes pauses or you saying 'um' every ten seconds. It is also important to rehearse. You need to know what you are doing and know the most effective way you can possibly teach your product.

ii. If you will be teaching non-verbally, make sure you know the speed you will go and make sure you know the viewer will be able to see what you are doing and not the back of your hands.

3. You need to know what you will do and make sure you practice. It is your move. Your creation. Master it and set a standard. A goal for the buyer to reach. If you can't perform it flawlessly, why should they?

Plan everything before you start shooting.

Have fun!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results