Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Pyro Perception OR Third Degree Burn

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Alright, yesterday was my birthday, so I got some money and giftcards and all that, and I have several tricks/dvds that I want to get, but I can't choose, so I thought I would get everyone's advice on what I should get!
Here's the list:

Killer Key by Jay Sankey
An Invisible Deck (lost the old one)
13 Steps To Mentalism
Front Row with Jay Sankey

And of course, all the stuff in the poll options.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
A. What kind of magic do you do?
B. What level magician do you think you are?
C. How much money do you have?

Trevor

A. I do Cards, Mentalsim, Close Up and I've recently gotten into coins
B. It's hard to answer, as there is no universal system, but I would say that I could do the tricks on the poll
C.Around $100, but I'm getting a job, so that will increase...

Front Row Sankey is an incredible dvd that I reccommend without hesitation. It has plenty of cards, mentalism, and coin effects. And one of the strongest pieces of card magic that I do is on there (Full Lotus)...I promise, you'll love it.

Best.
Steve

Sep 1, 2007
i voted for stigmata because it is an impromptu miracle with three different versions to pick from. But how about getting this along with front row sankey since it contains more than one effect. Just my opinion. Hope i helped.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Invisible deck is probably my first choice because of all the possible routines you can do, and the fact that it hits so hard.

Then Stigmata, just simply because it is so easy to do, and you can really do it anywhere, anytime. The routines taught are very strong and get great reactions.

J

S

sidrohc

Get Stigmata. It's my favorite effect. It's easy, there is no gimmicks, no set-up, and you learn 3 different methods. I HIGHLY reccomend this.

Aug 31, 2007
California
If you are a 'mentalist' and you don't have 13 steps... Than well, you need that book. Buy it.

Some more reccomendations:

AoA
Strong Magic
Maximum Entertainment

And I voted on the poll.

Keenan

Sep 1, 2007
i said saw, simply because with the right presentation, its realllly good
plus, its one of those tricks that you will always do
theres no reason not to
you can also use it as a closer
"okay gotta go sew this gap in my neck up"

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Alright guys, right now my order is looking a little something like this:

Stigmata, Invisible Deck and Front Row Sankey.
Of course, I'll probably change it up later on, but that's what it looks like right now.

Oh, I also forgot, there is a dvd called Fingers of Fury by Alan Rorrison on Big Blind Media that I'm thinking about getting also.
Check it out here: http://www.bigblindmedia.com/ It's Volume 1

Sep 3, 2007
Think about Theory11 for you order. Sure buying lots of tricks can be fun but they loose apeal very fast and become boring. I would suggest spending your $100 on something more worth while and in the long term satisfying E.g a Book, if you want to become great card magician then buy The Paper engine, The card magic of le Paul and Stars Of magic. (not forgetting Erdnase). Coins=Bobo, With these books you can choose to master 3-4 that work for you and your performing style rather than buying 1 trick for $30 that you may or may not like and that simply might not suit you. Hope this helped.

The Dude

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I would really suggest that you go out and find a DVD or book that will give you a multitude of different effects or advice on showmanship. I made that big mistake when I first started magic (around this time last year) and I spent TONS of money on single effect DVDs (though they are great effects). That pretty much hindered my progress as far as knowledge goes.

Once you start doing that, I advise that you just purchase things that you know you are going to enjoy. I mean, look at me, I just ordered a Rocky the Raccoon spring animal so I could learn some of David Williamson's stuff.

Enjoy!

Shane K.

PS...I chose Stigmata, you will not be dissapointed at the reactions that you will get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
sitgmata is the best choice. There is like no setup. And it tells you 2 other ways to do it, that will may help you with other tricks as well. I learned alot from stigmata.

Sep 1, 2007
Estonia
Hi,

First off, happy birthday :)

If you like good tricks, then i would recommend FRAUD.
If you want impromtu, then STIGMATA.
If you are new to coins, and want something with coins, then maybe Modern Coin Magic by JB Bobo, or something like that.

Henri

Sep 1, 2007
Ohio
www.myspace.com
I am on side of TheDude here,

Get yourself a good book, whether it be mentalism, or coin magic. Find a good book. Something that I do that is really cool (if your library will do it) is go to your local library a.k.a. GOLDMINE and look for a good book, if they don't have it, tell them and they will order it for you! now you have a fantastic resource, and you can take your money and buy something like say Stigmata....because it is EXTREMELY powerful, practice this well and put a little mystery into your eyes when you perform and it hits HARD.

Hope this helps

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results