Afraid to bring this up on E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
If the moderation rules on E are stopping people from posting this garbage then I for one am all for it.

Thank you for wasting 2 minutes of my life longman.

Tom

Hey, sure thing, buddy! Anytime!

Well, not really. Maybe every now and then...

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Although pretty funny and completely random, we'd like the discussion here to be professional, informative, and mature... to a degree.

Keep this in mind when posting guys. Thanks!

gared_Crawford

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Houston, TX
I was always a bit afraid to bring this up on the E forums, perhaps with good reason.

Now, is it just me or does E carry a surprisingly large number of penetration effects? Let's see: There's "Puncture," in which a pencil penetrates a coin, there's "Slam!", in which a coin penetrates a coin...

We have stakes penetrating feet, cards penetrating glass, cards penetrating bags, coins penetrating cans, and coins penetrating glass. Stop me if I'm wrong here, but is E being subversively vulgar? I don't know, but it makes me kind of nervous...QUOTE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t ya’ll find it interesting that all 3 of the T11 effects that are for sale are also the same effect. Distortion, two cards transpose…Digital Dissolve, two coins transpose…Panic, the deck and the four kings transpose. Of course each of these tricks has its own look and feel …and is also of the highest visual caliber so they don’t really seem like the same effect…but they are. They are all GREAT tricks…I would just be careful not to do all 3 of them in a row. :)

Perhaps the next batch of effects will be Levitations...or Restorations. It would be cool, once this site gets going, if they were categorized based on what "theory" or effect they are...it would fit the theme of the site well.

Sep 1, 2007
Although pretty funny and completely random, we'd like the discussion here to be professional, informative, and mature... to a degree.

Keep this in mind when posting guys. Thanks!

Says the guy who edited Dana's name!

I kid :cool:

Sep 2, 2007
Yes, this would get deleted at E. But it does bring up a point that that might help T11 forums. The E forums don't have an "Off Topic" forum. It just doesn't suit the focus of the forums right now. But it seems that the more laid-back nature of the T11 forums would really benefit from an Off Topic forum where jokes & such like this could be posted, while keeping the General forum focused on Magic-related topics and being a good resource for the community without being too cluttered.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Yes, this would get deleted at E. But it does bring up a point that that might help T11 forums. The E forums don't have an "Off Topic" forum. It just doesn't suit the focus of the forums right now. But it seems that the more laid-back nature of the T11 forums would really benefit from an Off Topic forum where jokes & such like this could be posted, while keeping the General forum focused on Magic-related topics and being a good resource for the community without being too cluttered.
Great to see you around the forums Goudinov! We'll definitely take this into consideration, as it's been mentioned before. So you're not the only one who likes the idea. :)

Goudinov does a fantastic job moderating the E forums. Feel free to check 'em out, if you haven't already.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm sorry, this made me chuckle, not meant as an offense to anyone, just the phrasing used seemed funny to me :D

As for the thread itself...I don't see the point of it.

Since when does everything need to have a point? Can't something just be? Chuckle, laugh, roll with it.

Maybe because the "solid through solid" effects are classics of magic, and typicaly are great effects. That's just my take on it, but what do I know anyway?

Curtis "Miles of Magic"

Sep 1, 2007
Maybe because the "solid through solid" effects are classics of magic, and typicaly are great effects. That's just my take on it, but what do I know anyway?

Curtis "Miles of Magic"

I've never met you, so I'm not at liberty to answer that question. Tell me, what do you know?

Sep 2, 2007
I don't normally make open statements in an attempt to shoot down a thread, but this travesty has gone on long enough. Please, everyone stop posting in this thread and let it die. This is absolutely the last post I will make in this thread, and I hope the pointless retort I will no doubt receive from the topic starter will be the last post this thread sees.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Alright guys. This thread has seemed to run it's humorous course. Therefore, by the powers invested in me by the state... er... theory11, I now pronounce this thread closed.

[NARRATOR: ...and it was a sad day, indeed.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results