Afraid to bring this up on E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
I was always a bit afraid to bring this up on the E forums, perhaps with good reason.

Now, is it just me or does E carry a surprisingly large number of penetration effects? Let's see: There's "Puncture," in which a pencil penetrates a coin, there's "Slam!", in which a coin penetrates a coin...

We have stakes penetrating feet, cards penetrating glass, cards penetrating bags, coins penetrating cans, and coins penetrating glass. Stop me if I'm wrong here, but is E being subversively vulgar? I don't know, but it makes me kind of nervous...

But whatever.

Sep 1, 2007
I don't see why you would be afraid. I think Ellusionist would be the best place to bring it up. Not here...

If you have a problem with someone, you don't talk about it behind their back. You go to the person you have a problem with and discuss it with them....

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

Sep 1, 2007
Dude, like I said before, it's just a little joke. No need to take it so seriously. Roll with it.

Sep 1, 2007
Sir FansAlot, yes I understand they are strict with threads and what not(actually I like E for being that way) and their may be a possibility of it being closed, but it doesn't mean that he can't say it. Just by saying it, it may bring about a realization to Ellusionist whether it's closed or not. That was my point behind my other post....

Longman, I guess there is no point to posting this in Ellusionist if it's a joke like you said, but if there's no point to post it there, then what was the point here?

Actually I don't see anything funny either...mind explaining? Thanks!

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

Sep 2, 2007
What's funny is the number of 'penetration' effects there are. The word penetration can mean something sexual, so he's suggesting E is being vulgar by wanting to penetrate everything.

I've been working on a penetration effect where I push my hand through a spectator's chest, take out his heart, then put it back in. I've almost got it. I just need to figure out how to do it without killing my spectator. Been testing it out on bunnies to no avail.

Sep 3, 2007
No worries here, the title of the thread was "Afraid to bring this up on E." I was just saying I understand why. Now I'm off to buy 2 sponge balls and a thumbtip.

Sep 1, 2007
Ever heard of situational humor? Actually, have you ever heard of just plain humor?

No need for the sarcasm and rudeness. Maturity will work just fine...

I am sure I am not the only one that understands that something can be seen in more ways than one. Your post can just as easily be taken seriously as it can funny.

Try and be more explanatory on your next "humorous" thread. Actually try and make a more useful thread next time. Maybe it will help someone progress with their magic. Thanks!

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

Sep 1, 2007
No need for the sarcasm and rudeness. Maturity will work just fine...

I am sure I am not the only one that understands that something can be seen in more ways than one. Your post can just as easily be taken seriously as it can funny.

Try and be more explanatory on your next "humorous" thread. Actually try and make a more useful thread next time. Thanks!

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

Hey! You're welcome!

Sep 1, 2007
England
If the moderation rules on E are stopping people from posting this garbage then I for one am all for it.

Thank you for wasting 2 minutes of my life longman.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results