Al Baker self-cutting deck

May 21, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
So some time ago I purchased a live lecture on Penguin for Eugene Burger ... I thought it was great and had a lot of knowledge and advice about performing. That being said, the first effect he did, the haunted deck by Alan Baker was not taught in completion. He showed how to get the deck to separate, but not how to go back to reveal the chosen card. I am a little annoyed because I paid for the whole trick and not half of it. What would be a good resource to learn the handling of the whole effect, in the way that Eugene Burger presented it?

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
I just watched that part again and he appears to show everything. Make sure you cut the deck in the right direction when you bury the card. The deck should both cut itself and move back without you doing anything differently. He just pauses between the two phases and then continues as before.

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
Performance of Close-Up Magic by Eugene Burger. Or you could watch the explanation again and follow along as "taught" because the whole trick is there in its entirety.

May 21, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
I just watched that part again and he appears to show everything. Make sure you cut the deck in the right direction when you bury the card. The deck should both cut itself and move back without you doing anything differently. He just pauses between the two phases and then continues as before.

I swear I'm doing everything the way he is... The deck is oriented the right way because the cards cut toward my fingertips as it does for him... but there is no direction I can pull that will make the direction of the cut reverse. I must be missing something.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results