Ambigrams

Feb 14, 2008
i started doing ambigrams when i got influenced by this cult kinda fool of alchemy.
Now usually i don't say this , but i was foolish enough to indulge in all kinda irrational rituals and alchemy, when i was 16.
i used to do ambigrams after reading angels and demons:p by dan brown.
i'll look up my art archives and see if ive got anything ill post it here.
but i have never been able to do my own name. Suhel
its kinda not symmetric ? i think. try Suhel and see if you get something.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
Bravo joecarr14! :D

Can anyone give me some tips as to where I can learn how to do these? Maybe someone can help me out by doing my name for me to get me started?

Cheers,
Shanku. :)

cheers, i just got a font, typed a word, turned the word 180o round in ms paint, and tried to turn it into another letter, its really hard, i can now appreciate deryn's skills... what do u think of mine deryn? were yours like that at the beginning...

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
worse, actually haha. It takes time and patience and you gotta remember that not all letters are a 1 to 1 ratio.. example: an "I" won't become an "O" without a leap of faith.. BUT, as you may know, Joe, sometimes One letter needs 2 letters to make and even then it's not certain.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
yeh man, its a tough thing to do, your aceofspades one is so good, i love just looking at it, im trying out another, just for fun, but i gotta respect the patience you have for it... :)

Nov 25, 2007
I know this is a little bit off topic but i think that Derren Browns ambigrams for his tv show 'Trick or Treat' are really clever, i would of never of guessed it if i hadn't searched for it on google...

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Hey guys, something for you to look at. :)

I asked Deryn earlier today if I could have an ambigram done for my name and he graciously made one. It's for my yearbook page as it's my final year in school before I'm off to university, I've designed it in a way I think most people would remember me by and because I liked Deryn's work so much I decided to include his Ambigram work. He's credited on the page as he should be and you can see the actual fantastimazingness of his down either side of the page. :D

yearb00kv4ww3.jpg

The actual size of the page is A4 so it's pretty big and I made sure to include his name at the top so people don't miss it. :)

Thanks again Deryn you're a star.

- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results