Anger

Apr 10, 2010
I rarely comment on here since anything I would jot down here most likely has been said before and I'm more of a guy to sit down and try to understand where people come from with their opinions.

So I keep up to date every few days and there always seems to be one upset individual that makes a bit of a rant on something he dislikes. Problem it's usually just silliness that gets them angry. Being annoyed is fine as it happens pretty easily, but don't let it get a hold of you and turn it into unneeded anger.

All this talk about the best of this and that, Criss Angel and "his" effects being sold and what not. No one really cares, he's made more money than you will continue to do so and only hard work and focus will allow any chance of you exceeding him.

Don't let some goal breed from hatred, because once you've met it and beat it there isn't much left to do. Any passion is lost and trying to find your new way from the top is difficult like navigating in the dark.

If people annoy you then don't come back with hatred, again annoyance is one thing but don't let it fester into something. Speak your mind but in a respectful manner.

If you disregard this as somebody trying to tell you what to do then you seem to be acting completely against free advice. It's not difficult to keep your head cool and try to share your thought out opinion.

"Don't see the world as what you like and dislike, but instead as what things truly are."

Best of Luck

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Isn't this like the second copy of posts that people have made just like this? And technically, isn't this a rant too?

-G

Feb 16, 2009
South Bend, IN
As Suhaas said, your post technically is a rant. You are trying to stop other people's rants by ranting. I hope the irony is not lost on you.

I rarely comment on here since anything I would jot down here most likely has been said before and I'm more of a guy to sit down and try to understand where people come from with their opinions.

So I keep up to date every few days and there always seems to be one upset individual that makes a bit of a rant on something he dislikes. Problem it's usually just silliness that gets them angry. Being annoyed is fine as it happens pretty easily, but don't let it get a hold of you and turn it into unneeded anger.

the other thread was started because Criss Angel has released a one trick DVD with McDonald's Aces on it. This DVD sells for $35 and has absolutely nothing new in it. The OP wanted to know if others were outraged by this. I think it was a fair question. Unfortunately the thread became a discussion of whether Criss Angel is a magician and whether using Camera Tricks is wrong. People simply missed the boat on that discussion.

All this talk about the best of this and that, Criss Angel and "his" effects being sold and what not. No one really cares, he's made more money than you will continue to do so and only hard work and focus will allow any chance of you exceeding him.

This is just a cop out and is completely irrelevant. I couldn't care less about how much cash Criss Angel makes, and neither should the rest of us when it comes to discussions of a product that he has released. I feel that we as consumers in the magic market should hold the marketers to higher standards. A DVD teaching the basic McDonald's aces for $35 is a waste of money in my opinion. Does the majority disagree? If so, Why?

Don't let some goal breed from hatred, because once you've met it and beat it there isn't much left to do. Any passion is lost and trying to find your new way from the top is difficult like navigating in the dark.

If people annoy you then don't come back with hatred, again annoyance is one thing but don't let it fester into something. Speak your mind but in a respectful manner.

Again, just because some people are frustrated with the state of products being released doesn't mean they hate the guy who released them.

"Don't see the world as what you like and dislike, but instead as what things truly are."

Don't you think that comes across as a tad cynical? Don't worry, I'm a bit of a cynic myself, so if that's the way you feel, I understand. Since you are in the mood for deep quotations, here's a classic by G. B. Shaw

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Apr 6, 2010
There was nothing in that post that wasnt aimed at targeting something (if that makes sense.) So you have just well and truly contradicted yourself sir.

Apr 10, 2010
If you saw this as a rant then perhaps it was interpreted wrong, perhaps my fault. My whole point was in a sense giving out a bit of advice, not ranting on about nothing. If you thought of it like that then you certainly got no point to it.

I do not hate Criss Angel, never said I did or anything like that so where is this coming from? I simply stated after the several posts made about him it would be a good example to use. Seeing as using the latest post about it would be most beneficial to explanation.

I don't see how I contradicted myself with any sort of irony at all. I simply gave out a bit of advice against anger or hatred that I've seen and that's it. I didn't rant on about anything, at least in terms of what I consider a rant.

No idea about this being the second copy of something, I have no idea so excuse it if it's just regurgitated advice.

You actually made a valid point Descartes unfortunately from what I read that wasn't put out very well by others. True it's a shame about that but I'm sure a bit of research on the subject will ward off any buyers that are serious about their magic. Again it was just the latest on Criss Angel I saw so figured it would be the most useful.

Yes I am a bit cynic, and that quote you gave out is one I have read daily for months now.

Robert Butler understood what I was going for, we all get so caught up in our ego's and let something turn from educational into battle of words. Guess that's the easiest way to put it.

Exactly the point. People get angry and aggresive over the stupidest things, obviously this being the internet other members would say things, weather inntentionaly or not, and end up angering another member, continuing on so forth. If you are annoyed there is no point in creating a thread about it unless oyu think that it has a liable reason for you feeling so.
Again, people comenting on how this is being a rant, is just oil on the fire. He was pointing out how people continue to bicker over stupid things and neglecting that this happens is a waste of time because it does.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results