Angle Zero

May 22, 2008
UK
www.youtube.com
Overall it was good but you could have drawn it out longer i.e. when performing the vanish do it slower so it sinks in and makes for a stronger moment. If possible when making the corner reappear make it appear behind something or inside something further away to make it more impossible. This helps to get to helps make it more powerful. I like putting it inside clocks or behind pin on notice boards for example, it's all about experimenting.

May 2, 2008
You went WAY too fast with the corner vanish, the spectators had no time to realize what happened.

Never repeat a trick..

Overall it was good but you could have drawn it out longer i.e. when performing the vanish do it slower so it sinks in and makes for a stronger moment. If possible when making the corner reappear make it appear behind something or inside something further away to make it more impossible. This helps to get to helps make it more powerful. I like putting it inside clocks or behind pin on notice boards for example, it's all about experimenting.

Yeah, I liked the card box becuse there was no place else to put it, and yeah... I seen the time idea I really wanted to do that! My idea was to load it under someones watch and be like "Watch, watch watch watch this.... watch....... .... .. Look under your watch....

May 7, 2008
MoNTReaL 514 *****!
nicely done but .. i think someone already said this but the corner vanish should take you a bit more time, build around it and tell your spectator what is going to happen

Jun 20, 2008
Usually it's not a good idea to tell them what you're going to do if you haven't done it yet; this just makes it easier for the audience to try to figure out how you're doing what you're doing. But since the corner's already "vanished" at that point it would be fine to tell them you're going to make it vanish.

Also, I'd say, if you're going to put the corner in the card box or any other sort of object, DON'T TOUCH IT AFTER YOU MAKE THE CORNER VANISH. Give it to them at the beginning or leave it somewhere open where you can point to it and have someone pick it up themselves. For all they know, you had to touch the box to make the corner appear inside. One of the most amazing things about the recording of daniel madison doing it is that the clock is on the other side of the room; not only does he not touch it, he doesn't even go anywhere near it, and had he wanted to, he would have had to trample the spectators in the process.

Apr 28, 2008
I agree that you should not have repeated this.

When you start doing magic more and people hear about it they will keep asking to see tricks and may request the same effect over and over.
You must make it clear to them that you perform on your terms, not theirs.
Don't become their trained monkey that does a trick whenever they want.

I would not recommend perfoming Angle Zero unless you can get the card corner in a very impressive location e.g. a clock (as in Dangerous). I think having it in a card box cheapens the effect a bit although this is just my opinion.

Also, there's absolutley no point in having the card signed for this effect, as the signature doesn't cover the corner it adds nothing to the effect.

I would recommend slowing down a bit, not just in this effect. I've noticed in a few of your videos your rushing through the effect. Slow everything down, let every stage of the effect sink it so it's very clear what's happening. We've seen all the effects we do a hundred times, our spectators see it once, it can be very confusing for them if you rush an effect.

I agree that you should not have repeated this.

When you start doing magic more and people hear about it they will keep asking to see tricks and may request the same effect over and over.
You must make it clear to them that you perform on your terms, not theirs.
Don't become their trained monkey that does a trick whenever they want.

I would not recommend perfoming Angle Zero unless you can get the card corner in a very impressive location e.g. a clock (as in Dangerous). I think having it in a card box cheapens the effect a bit although this is just my opinion.
I want to give some Kind of excuse as to how it happend, then thay think Oh it was just a set-up... you know? Maybe I am wrong, I am just testing my theory out...
Also, there's absolutley no point in having the card signed for this effect, as the signature doesn't cover the corner it adds nothing to the effect.
You could switch the "riped" card for another rip card that matches the corner...

I would recommend slowing down a bit, not just in this effect. I've noticed in a few of your videos your rushing through the effect. Slow everything down, let every stage of the effect sink it so it's very clear what's happening. We've seen all the effects we do a hundred times, our spectators see it once, it can be very confusing for them if you rush an effect.

Ok thanks for the last tip there... I get kinda scared sometimes, I have been knowledable of magic for 6 years but have recently gotten more deeper into performing, and stuff like that the psat 1 year 1/2..
sooo yeah, I want all the advice I can get to improve..

May 8, 2008
England
I don't have Angle Zero, I have no idea how it's done, but despite this it is my favourite trick, I can't wait to get it.

The power of this trick is presentation, see how carefully and slowly DM does the vanish? As he turns his hands over it's as if the piece has just vanished. The spectators see this, take it in and you can see their reactions in the video. Try to make the vanish just as powerful as the re-appearence.

With the revolation. Card box is a good idea, and it's easy to put the piece in and have it there, BUT you want them holding the box throughout the whole performance...

However I liked it, your style is good if a little rushed and you are performing for people and getting reactions. Plus when I get this trick I love so much... Guarentee my performance will be crap :p

-S

I use a patter based around the card box as well.

I give them the card box to hold and let them inspect its insides first. Then I make them hold the box tightly. Perform the rip and the corner ends up in side the box. They check the box and its not inside. I say I must have missed, check under your watch. Voila, corner under watch.

I use a patter based around the card box as well.

I give them the card box to hold and let them inspect its insides first. Then I make them hold the box tightly. Perform the rip and the corner ends up in side the box. They check the box and its not inside. I say I must have missed, check under your watch. Voila, corner under watch.

Now that sounds pretty damn cool

Now that sounds pretty damn cool

I just posted that... lol I posted it befor him :(
My idea was
to load it under there watch, and I say
"Watch this... watch.... watch... watch.... watch... ... .. .... .. wait....... look under your watch..."

But I see why u patter around the card box and have the hold it.... so you can load it right? Befor i did scotch and soda to load it...

Talk a lot more! All along the trick you were just going "Okay so this is the card, umm, ahh, so, umm, check the box!"
Look at d+M performing, he's talking about what's he's doing, and that's important, because YOU know what you're going to do, the audience don't. So if you go that fast, they can't catch up, the look in that girl's eyes was like "okay, what's he doing? Oh, he's ripping the card, but why?" and by then you already told her to check out the box.
Say something! It doesn't even matter if it makes sense or not, because no one will remember your specific words! d+M says in the clip "Look, hold on to that piece (emphasizing the fact that there are two pieces and the second one is in his hands), now, there's a moment in time where my piece vanishes... Did you see that moment in time?" See, that doesn't even make any sense! It doesn't matter, just say something, tell the audience it's going to dissapear and reappear inside the box, and most importantly - let them take and open the box themselves! And emphasize that, say "I'm not going to go near the box, just check it yourselves."
And lastly, don't get the card signed, it's a bit stupid... It works great in tricks like Believe where the signature is also ripped, but not here. If you want them not to think you've switched the torn corner, just emphasize on the fact that they should check really close that the corner really matches and that it's really the same card. It's all in your words. Talk more and emphasize the important things with your words.
Good luck!

Talk a lot more! All along the trick you were just going "Okay so this is the card, umm, ahh, so, umm, check the box!"
Look at d+M performing, he's talking about what's he's doing, and that's important, because YOU know what you're going to do, the audience don't. So if you go that fast, they can't catch up, the look in that girl's eyes was like "okay, what's he doing? Oh, he's ripping the card, but why?" and by then you already told her to check out the box.
Say something! It doesn't even matter if it makes sense or not, because no one will remember your specific words! d+M says in the clip "Look, hold on to that piece (emphasizing the fact that there are two pieces and the second one is in his hands), now, there's a moment in time where my piece vanishes... Did you see that moment in time?" See, that doesn't even make any sense! It doesn't matter, just say something, tell the audience it's going to dissapear and reappear inside the box, and most importantly - let them take and open the box themselves! And emphasize that, say "I'm not going to go near the box, just check it yourselves."
And lastly, don't get the card signed, it's a bit stupid... It works great in tricks like Believe where the signature is also ripped, but not here. If you want them not to think you've switched the torn corner, just emphasize on the fact that they should check really close that the corner really matches and that it's really the same card. It's all in your words. Talk more and emphasize the important things with your words.
Good luck!

ok, patter more, gotcha...
tanks guys I appreciate all these tips!

Aug 24, 2008
Greece

Okay as others have said: patter more,vanish the corner slowly.i have the corner appear hanging on my necklace. and i really mean no offence but 6 years doing magic you should be way better than that.NO OFFENCE intended

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
There needs to be more patter... There was hardly any understanding as to what you were doing. Walk them through the effect, Vanish the card SLOWLY... Find a better place for the corner as well next time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results