Any Card

Dec 10, 2010
Hey Guys,

So I just watched a video on YouTube of this magician on chatroulette... he does this one trick where he's holding a single card, the spectator freely names a card, and when he turns the single card over... it's their named card!

Here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4itFXaUmPzU&feature=channel_video_title

It's at the very beginning.

So can anyone tell me the name of the effect?! I need to know where to buy this or how to do it!

Thanks!

-Fuzzmaster20

Sep 11, 2010
I actually have seen this before. Although I do not like the way it works most of the time, when they happen to name the "default" card, you can make it extremely clean.

Dec 26, 2009
Why does it have to be a camera trick? How do you know he didn't just sit there for hours asking random people to name a card? Then by luck someone named the card he was holding.

Sep 9, 2010
He's actually a friend of a friend, my friend that is his friend told me it's an original method.

Feb 7, 2011
it's a camera trick, you can't do it in the real world. sorry

Ive performed the exact effect hundreds of times in the 'real world'.

It's not really for sale on it's own, but how to accomplish this is available in many books, that and it's just something you come to know once you spend time in magic. Im gonna go ahead and make an assumption that you're fairly new in the game, so for a similar effect i would recommend the invisible deck, because i doubt you're ready for the purest methods, which are purely achieved by educated guess work, at least in my case.

Dec 10, 2010
Ive performed the exact effect hundreds of times in the 'real world'.

It's not really for sale on it's own, but how to accomplish this is available in many books, that and it's just something you come to know once you spend time in magic. Im gonna go ahead and make an assumption that you're fairly new in the game, so for a similar effect i would recommend the invisible deck, because i doubt you're ready for the purest methods, which are purely achieved by educated guess work, at least in my case.

I've been in the "game" for about 5 years now. I've owned the invisible deck for about 3 years, and it remains one of the best tricks I do. Unfortunately.... I have no clue how to achieve the effect that this guy does. I'm 98% sure I'm ready for the purest methods, so I'm just wondering where I can learn this educated guess work. I'm positive I wont find it on any DVD, so which book should I look in? I own the set of Giobbi's books (Vol. 1-5) but I honestly have no idea where to begin searching, if something like the method used is even printed in his collection.

Please Help!

- Fuzzmaster20

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results