Any Magic Shop - Help?

Hi everyone!
I'm about to buy some stuff from magicproshop.com and before i do i would like to ask you if you know any cheaper magic store than that? I don't want it to happen like last time. I ordered from a site and then magicoproshop.com was ten times cheaper.

Please help me out?

/Nicholas

Jan 13, 2008
oh sorry.. I would buy some decks of cards, some close up tricks like cups and balls etc..

/Nicholas
Could you provide some links to specific ones? It really depends on the specific deck, brand of cups and balls, etc. Thanks. :)

Jan 13, 2008
You may want to check out mjmmagic.com. Their chop cups and balls combo (by Morrissey Magic) looks pretty nice (the aluminum ones are only $38.75, or $34.88 if you're a returning customer)--that way, you can do chop cup routines, or cups and balls routines. :) They also have a cheap set of cups and balls (aluminum) for less than $12. Plus better cups and balls sets for around $25-35. :)

Also, of course, their prices are always amazing, and they have a price match guarantee (just in case someone else is cheaper). :)

You may want to check out mjmmagic.com. Their chop cups and balls combo (by Morrissey Magic) looks pretty nice (the aluminum ones are only $38.75, or $34.88 if you're a returning customer)--that way, you can do chop cup routines, or cups and balls routines. :) They also have a cheap set of cups and balls (aluminum) for less than $12. Plus better cups and balls sets for around $25-35. :)

Also, of course, their prices are always amazing, and they have a price match guarantee (just in case someone else is cheaper). :)
but I've compared all of their products with magicproshop.com and tyhey all were more expensive. And i don't mean a bit, they were alot more expensive. I appreciate the help!
/Nicholas

Jan 13, 2008
I've been looking for items to compare prices, but magicproshop is either out of them (and unavailable for purchase), or they don't carry them...and these are some very common items. What are you using for comparison?

Jan 13, 2008
I'll go ahead with items they're sold out of anyway...although, I really would have liked to use products they have in stock, so it's a fair comparison. Oh well.

MagicProShop:

* Million Dollar Book Test -- $119.99
* X3 Book Test -- $78.35
* Universal Impression -- $49.00
* Classic Vernet Thumb Tip -- $2.94
* Bicycle cards (poker sized, red) -- $1.69
* Cups and Balls (Aluminum) by Uday -- $13.35

MJM:

* Million Dollar Book Test -- $105.26
* X3 Book Test -- $69.80
* Universal Impression -- $43.61
* Classic Vernet Thumb Tip -- $2.61
* Bicycle Cards (poker sized, red) -- $5.77
* Cups and Balls (Aluminum) by Uday -- $10.43

Note about regular bikes: You can get a brick of 12 (6 red, 6 blue) for $13 at Costco, which beats both of those places. :)

Also note: Both sites offer free shipping.

So yeah, while it may be a better place to get some regular Bikes (the ONLY item that was in stock that I searched for), it doesn't look to be great for much else. It's out of stock on almost everything that I searched for (those items included in the above list, as well as a few other common things), and even so, it was more expensive on everything anyway (aside from regular Bikes). And when another site does have something cheaper than mjm (and it's in stock), they will price match anyway.

And I've heard Penguin has really good prices, along with free shipping, too. I don't shop there, but I've heard many good things about the prices. :)

Oh well, to each their own. I'll continue shopping at MJM (and a few other sites--it's nice to support Theory11, Papercrane, E, etc). :)

Jan 30, 2009
MJM isn't selling regular bikes. For $4.95 you get higher quality "Gold Standard" versions, and No... it's not a scam. Edit: price checked.

Jan 13, 2008
MJM isn't selling regular bikes. For $5.95 you get higher quality "Gold Standard" versions, and No... it's not a scam.
Actually, they are selling regular Bikes for $5.77. They're selling the "Gold Standard" versions (printed on Bee stock, and Traditionally Cut) for $4.95. :)

Jan 13, 2008
Seriously then... WTF?
They're not really known as the epicenter of cards, heh. They're a great place for buying props, effects, etc, but not cards (although, they do end up getting a lot of business for their specialty cards--not sure why, since most are cheaper at the site that creates them (i.e., E's or T11's decks, or the Karnival decks)). :)

Jan 30, 2009
I buy from them so I can cross buy things. You know, E-trick w/T11 cards etc... If/when I get any Karnival Decks it will be an add-on to something else at MJM. I never shop for cards only.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results