Any Suggestions?

Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
I'm not sure what to get next. I just recently finished Aaron Fisher's The Paper Engine and it was great, had a fun time reading it and learning all the sleights and tricks. Before that I've watched The Royal Road To Card Magic, Pearlman's Born to Perform Card Magic, Dan and Dave's The Trilogy, and a couple of other things here and there.
Does anybody have any suggestions on what I could get next? Some people were saying Card College and The Art of Astonishment; are those good books?

Aug 18, 2008
card college is a great place to start if you are a beginner. Since you seem to have already covered the basics, AOA is a great place to go next. Paul Harris is a genius, and you will have tons of stuff to work on. It will keep you busy for a long time. Dont buy all three books at once though. Get the first one, make sure you like it then go from there.

Jan 18, 2009
Maryland
Those are great books but if you are serious about cards get "Revelations"or "Expert at the Card Table".

Revelations~Dai Vernon It's basically a newer revised version of Expert at the Card Table.

Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
card college is a great place to start if you are a beginner. Since you seem to have already covered the basics, AOA is a great place to go next. Paul Harris is a genius, and you will have tons of stuff to work on. It will keep you busy for a long time. Dont buy all three books at once though. Get the first one, make sure you like it then go from there.

Alright so there's another vote for The Art of Astonishment :p I'll look into that, I probably will get it, thanks for your post!
Anyone else?

KBillusions said:
Those are great books but if you are serious about cards get "Revelations"or "Expert at the Card Table".

Revelations~Dai Vernon It's basically a newer revised version of Expert at the Card Table.

I do have "Expert at the Card Table" and I actually find it not too easy to read for a 14 year old but I'll keep on tryin'!

Oct 11, 2007
Make sure that you perform what you have as best as possible. You have a ton of material man. Pick 3 of those effects and make sure that you do those better than anyone else. That last sentence was one that Lee Asher said.

Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
Make sure that you perform what you have as best as possible. You have a ton of material man. Pick 3 of those effects and make sure that you do those better than anyone else. That last sentence was one that Lee Asher said.

That is true, I guess I do have a lot of material :p Thanks for everyone who helped, I'll continue practicing what I have in the mean time and then I'll try to get the Art of Astonishment. Once again, thank you to everyone that helped

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results