Any suggestions?

Oct 22, 2012
Dover, Tennessee
I know some basic cuts and short flourishes, but I don't really know any that stand out or that last more than a few seconds. Does anyone have some suggestions on things I could look at or learn? I really like longer complex moves such as Pandora by Dan & Dave, but I'm far from being an expert, and I really need to step it up. Thanks :)

Oct 2, 2012
Well, I don't know really any that last more then a few seconds either but some that stand out that really stand out and gets people's attentions are Birdbath (Michael James), Cylinder (Andrei Jikh), B4 Cut (Andrei Jikh), and Zero (Michael James) (or really any move on the SOLO DVD).

To really challenge yourself SOLO is a perfect DVD it has a collection of nine flourishes I believe it is, I've learned only about 4 of them (mostly because I've been practicing magic much more now days).

Hope this helps and good luck :)

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
If you're into long-ish moves of the Dan and Dave style, The System DVD is a great choice. Some of the moves are a bit more like a "sequence" (especially Jackson 5, which is an easter egg) and offer a lot of the classic "Buck Twins" flare.

If you're looking for a hard-hitting "routine", I would suggest Cradle to Grave by De'vo. The titular sequence is highly visual and has a lot of presentation potential to it (with the cards starting and ending in the box.)

But, at the end of the day, I always advocate for letting your creativity dictate your routines. Create new moves, or link ones you already know together in new ways. :)

All the best,
Vinnie

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 22, 2012
Dover, Tennessee
If you're into long-ish moves of the Dan and Dave style, The System DVD is a great choice. Some of the moves are a bit more like a "sequence" (especially Jackson 5, which is an easter egg) and offer a lot of the classic "Buck Twins" flare.

If you're looking for a hard-hitting "routine", I would suggest Cradle to Grave by De'vo. The titular sequence is highly visual and has a lot of presentation potential to it (with the cards starting and ending in the box.)

But, at the end of the day, I always advocate for letting your creativity dictate your routines. Create new moves, or link ones you already know together in new ways. :)

All the best,
Vinnie

Really good advice :) thank you

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results