Anyone download instructions from Tenyo site?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
For those that stumble into this thread with a similar issue:

Tenyo that were released from 2015-current (this applies to T-numbered tricks ONLY. No English instructions for the 2017 mentalism line, redemption tricks, etc)

In the Japanese instructions, there is a code (it's small, so you have to look).

You go to Tenyos website and input the code, and you get the instructions for the trick in English.

Normally, I'd say about 90% of Tenyo tricks can be figured out through the illustrations alone.

Magic Maze fits in that wonderful 10%. I have a couple others that also fit in the 10%.

Jan 9, 2017
In the Japanese instructions, there is a code (it's small, so you have to look).

You go to Tenyos website and input the code, and you get the instructions for the trick in English.

So I needn't concern myself with security issues I take it?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014

So I needn't concern myself with security issues I take it?

I'm not too computer savvy, but I haven't had an issue after I downloaded the instructions.

That said, I have reviewed a bunch of Tenyo in the 'Review' sub-forum ('Tenyo Tuesday'). So if you're looking to acquire more Tenyo, or see how older ones hold up and are worth the investment, give them a look.

I'm looking to acquire 3 new Tenyo (3/4 of the 2016 line: Magic Plunger, Ghost Camera, and Mysterious Doghouse) and another magic trick after we move (also dependent on how quickly I can sell some other stuff).

Once we get settled in, I am looking at doing more Tenyo Tuesdays. Not sure if I should turn it into a bunch of blog postings or what.

Mar 2, 2016
I'm not too computer savvy, but I haven't had an issue after I downloaded the instructions.

That said, I have reviewed a bunch of Tenyo in the 'Review' sub-forum ('Tenyo Tuesday'). So if you're looking to acquire more Tenyo, or see how older ones hold up and are worth the investment, give them a look.

I'm looking to acquire 3 new Tenyo (3/4 of the 2016 line: Magic Plunger, Ghost Camera, and Mysterious Doghouse) and another magic trick after we move (also dependent on how quickly I can sell some other stuff).

Once we get settled in, I am looking at doing more Tenyo Tuesdays. Not sure if I should turn it into a bunch of blog postings or what.

'Mysterious Doghouse' sound like a low budget horror movie about a possessed dog.

'This summer, no one can escape... The Mysterious Doghouse!'
Complete with a cheesy yet slightly creative tag line like:
'Possession. It's a b*tch.'

Jan 9, 2017
'Mysterious Doghouse' sound like a low budget horror movie about a possessed dog.

'This summer, no one can escape... The Mysterious Doghouse!'
Complete with a cheesy yet slightly creative tag line like:
'Possession.
I finally went to the Tenyo site, put in the code, and experienced zero problems. So I now can perform the Magic Puzzle as well!

But I think I like Magic Maze a little better.

So apparently the older Tenyo product, the disappearing Statue of Liberty is very scarce. Can they be purchased somewhere?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
4D Surprise!

That one recently was discontinued and saw a MASSIVE spike in price. You'll have to shell out anywhere between $70-$90 for one.

I think a lot of people considered it as one of Lubor Fiedler's 'last great Tenyo creations'. And I think that plays a part in it, but they retired A LOT of Tenyo this year, to include Crystal Cleaver and Soft Coins: 2 of the greatest Tenyo's I think they have ever put out.

I'd have to see the whole list again, but it's close to about 12-15 Tenyo they retired.

But if all of them, 4D Surprise has seen the absolute highest markup. Which is funny because it's probably the most recent trick on the 'retired' list.

They aren't hard to find, per say. Just hard to find for a price that doesn't sting.

I don't have this one. Mainly because it, as well as every other Lubor creation, is pretty tricky to perform and usually come with some sort of limitation to them.

It's perfect for if you have friends over, which is where I think a lot of Lubor's tricks seem to work best.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
So I have to try Craigslist or something like that?

Personally, I haven't found any Tenyo on Craigslist.

Best bet is to window shop EBay for a while and try looking out for lesser known magic sellers with websites. Maybe Magiccafe and Genii forums and Funstuffonly.

Also. It JUST retired, so there's still a big buzz about it, so that MIGHT account for a bit in inflation. But I don't see it going any cheaper than by about $10 in the future if it were to drop.

I did a little searching and the cheapest I could find right now is $60 used (no box).

http://dennymagic.com/store/tenyo-4d-surprise-by-lubor-fiedler.html

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
And for anyone interested for more in depth discussion about Tenyo, This is the forum for Tenyo maniacs.

I know a bit about Tenyo and I have no qualms discussing what I do know. However, in comparison to several of the other forum members (I'd say about 90% of them, actually), I have a rather piddly collection. I only get Tenyo that I can use outside of the home as opposed to collecting the vast array of Tenyo.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results