Anyone else totally floored when they bought S.W.E Shift?

Jun 24, 2008
Afew responses:
Yeah, the clipshift was definitley up there on that list of " Out of the box"
and thanks to TeeDee for giving me some more background information.
I haven' t had the chance to read a lot of Erdnase's work but I know he was most certainly the man.
Question: If he was so reclusive how did he publish his book? Anyone know that story?
Question 2: Any of you from southern- Ohio?
Thanks James

Sep 2, 2007
London
Afew responses:
Yeah, the clipshift was definitley up there on that list of " Out of the box"
and thanks to TeeDee for giving me some more background information.
I haven' t had the chance to read a lot of Erdnase's work but I know he was most certainly the man.
Question: If he was so reclusive how did he publish his book? Anyone know that story?
Question 2: Any of you from southern- Ohio?
Thanks James

No-one really knows for sure Erdnase's story, but if your interested in finding out about him I'd recommend reading this thread on the Genii magazine forum:

http://www.geniimagazine.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=175167&fpart=1

They have contributions from some of the top Erdnase researchers and you will certainly learn a lot.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
After reading through Erdnase a couple times, I wouldn't be surprised if it was multiple people. Throughout the book he/she's constantly referring to "we" or "us". Maybe Erdnase is an acronym of sorts :confused:

Sep 2, 2007
London
After reading through Erdnase a couple times, I wouldn't be surprised if it was multiple people. Throughout the book he/she's constantly referring to "we" or "us". Maybe Erdnase is an acronym of sorts :confused:

That's just a typical style of the day. For some reason it was just how authors referred to themselves in their writing. Even Marlo does it right up to the 1960s.

However, there is a school of thought that says Erdnase was written by more than one person, either as a collaboration of a magician and a cheater, or maybe by a sharp who was also a hobbyist magician with the assistance of an editor.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results