Anyone know how this trick is done?

Sep 26, 2014
Ok, so to start off, I'm relatively new to the magic scene and being that, I'm not sure if asking how a trick is done is unacceptable or not. This isn't a trick that is sold, so I don't think it is that horrible to ask how it's done. I've been trying to figure it out for hours, I've made gimmicks and everything, yet still cannot figure this trick out. If someone knows any information regarding this trick, please let me know! I would greatly appreciate it. All that being said, here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLh84LANcnA&index=176&list=UUVVYBEv1TuD850VAGBlk6og

Of course, it's Calen Morelli. He is easily the most creative magician I've seen yet, and I even purchased function 9.. All of his videos I try to figure out myself, but this one has me totally stumped.

Even if you can't tell me how it's done, are there popular sleights that are used in it that I could learn, that are used in the trick? Calen says it's impromptu which is insane because imo this trick is insanely powerful. In fact, I even downloaded the video and slowed it wayyy down in Vegas Pro, and went frame by frame but still couldn't figure it out.

Thanks!

Jul 6, 2014
neat trick, i have a few ideas on how its done, do we have permission to post reveals on this forum? People tend to get pretty mad about that

Jul 13, 2014
If it's not being sold that basically means he doesn't want other people to do it. As such you shouldn't ask others to figure it out. You probably shouldn't try to figure it out and do it yourself although variations are acceptable and in this case it doesn't look like it would be a big deal. If you really want to do it, try contacting him directly. But don't ask others to expose stuff. That's not ethical and it's important to keep a sense of ethics. Only learn something from a source authorized by the creator.

Jul 13, 2014
neat trick, i have a few ideas on how its done, do we have permission to post reveals on this forum? People tend to get pretty mad about that
In general it shouldn't be done. The art and it's secrets need to be respected and an effect should only be revealed at its creators discretion.

Feb 18, 2014
I was like this when I first started magic too haha! I am pretty sure everyone was! You can figure it out, I can't say anything but maybe if you have surge by patrick kun it can help you figure out the method! :) Keep in mind. magicians are the best liars!

Jul 13, 2014
I'll just point out however that it isn't a very good trick. Like most beginners you honk it's good because it fooled you. But it's not powerful, there's no buildup, no script, and the cards change places over a distance of about 5 centimeters and through a single barrier.

Jan 4, 2014
I was like this when I first started magic too haha! I am pretty sure everyone was! You can figure it out, I can't say anything but maybe if you have surge by patrick kun it can help you figure out the method! :) Keep in mind. magicians are the best liars!

exactly you are a great magician not giving anything away but giving a fellow magician a nice nudge in the right direction :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results