Are Bicycle Cards Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2015
India
Hey Guys,

I live in India and as there is no one who is interested in card magic the card quality here is crap. Like really crap. So i bought a couple of these Bicycle Standard Poker Size deck with a golden outline.

bicycle-rider-back-playing-cards-standard-index-poker.jpg

U see the prices of Bicycle In India are whooping and you can only get a couple of these in like 4 or 5 months. I found that the cards were really hard and were not bending. They were so hard i could not get a riffle shuffle out of them. I just wanted to know if these are the ones that are used everywhere or am i buying them wrong. I have been doing flourishes and card magic for about an year now and i know that i can do a spring well with the regular cards here but it just seems impossible with these cards. Much Help will be appreciated if u guys can guide me if i am wrong

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
If you do not like the quality (may be a knockoff) there then order in bulk online. Shipping will be high but the quality should be there (order from t11 or bicyclecards.com to ensure that you are purchasing legitimate decks.)

Also keep in mind that new bicycle cards are really stiff, do a couple of springs to work it in. If it still isn't useable then you should buy some online.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I work with a lot of bicycle decks. I just cracked open a Mystery Box a bit ago for comparison and I didn't find TOO much difference. But from what you're describing. My guess is maybe it's the climate changes--especially being shipped there. That's my only guess.

The bicycle decks, at least in Las Vegas. They are slick and it takes about a good week for me to work with them to stop sliding everywhere.

I would search the forums on card care. There's some good info there on keeping cards in good shape and there might be some advice to make them less...rock like. Sorry to hear that your Bicycles are giving you problems.

Hopefully the 'card care' threads will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 26, 2015
India
As u are used to them are they really slick and bendable because i require a lot of muscle to bend those cards. And Is there any difference between the poker ones and the standard ones or are they all the same ? And Does someone know the Pandora Flourish I am having some difficulty if anyone could help me on skype i would really appreciate it.

Feb 7, 2015
As u are used to them are they really slick and bendable because i require a lot of muscle to bend those cards.

Maybe you are used to cheap cards what are really bendable and bad. Just try to stay a few weeks with your new bicycles and I think you will get more confortable with them.
This is exactly what happened to me when I bought my very first Rider Back deck.

Jan 26, 2015
India
I think i will make a video and show you guys probably wait a couple of minutes. These are the ones a family member bought from the us these are the poker ones that he bought legit. I will make video in a couple of minutes..

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I think i will make a video and show you guys probably wait a couple of minutes. These are the ones a family member bought from the us these are the poker ones that he bought legit. I will make video in a couple of minutes..

If the decks didn't come with the Bicycle guarantee cards, you're working with a knockoff. Then we're dealing with a whole 'nother monster.

At least I figure it would be odd if the knockoffs had the Bicycle Guarantee stuff

baguette

Elite Member
Mar 28, 2013
they're legit, you just need to break them in. Give them a few fans, some strong springs both up and down, a few riffle shuffles both up and down, some faros and repeat. Use them for an hour straight doing the hardest move you know that puts pressure on the cards and you're set.

Jan 26, 2015
India
You Sure
I opened the other one that comes with them in a group and the other one was also the same. Hope i was living in US may have got them soooooo cheap..

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
It's also possible that the cards are NOT air cushion finished, like in thailand, they can't use air cushion finished decks due to humidity so they get plastic cards instead, so I would assume that your cards are plastic too. I could be wrong though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 26, 2015
India
It's also possible that the cards are NOT air cushion finished, like in thailand, they can't use air cushion finished decks due to humidity so they get plastic cards instead, so I would assume that your cards are plastic too. I could be wrong though.

Nah I am definitely sure that they are air cushioned finishes and they are paper not plastic.

Jan 26, 2015
India
To all my friends who suggested the ideas thank you but I figured out the problem. It was atmosphere it is cold heresies I tossed the cards in my oven for 10 sec and they were perfectly fine.. Lol

Feb 9, 2015
I spring my cards quite a lot in order to create flexibility in them. The constant springing actually makes my Bicycle cards become extremely bendable! They started out stiff as well. I like to dribble the cards and I feel that card flexibility is essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results