Are these tricks original

raccoonfight

Elite Member
Mar 28, 2011
I want to submit these tricks to the wire but I don't know if they are original.:D[video]http://youtu.be/DQ9GXpU4oYg[/video]

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I've seen all of that in other places before, though I could not currently cite most of it. The Slider Double will accomplish the first stuff. Which is a variation of an older move which I have no idea what the name of it or where to find it.

Dec 29, 2011
I'm going to start on a negative, I find it supremely annoying when people put cuts right in the middle of performances, even if its just to change camera angles its bad, but in your case, it looks like you stopped the camera, did something with the cards, then started filming again, there are some parts of the video where I'm not even sure two things were meant to be part of the same trick, because of the cut. It would make sense if they were, but I cant be sure.
With that being said, the move to flick one or several cards down on to the table as one is pretty decent, your first few examples of it are not particularly creative though, flicking a card down on to the table then revealing it was actually two by spreading them is not magic, that sandwich style thing you did with it at the end is, you should work on more stuff like that. The move looks fine, you just need to work on adding into magical routines.

The colour change is also quite decent, while not particularly original, its a fresh twist, is it your own? Colour changes are not really my thing, so I'm not really sure.

Worse things have gone onto the Wire, so yes, with a bit more work it could be a new release.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results