Australian Coins

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
yea dude you should keep it slightly low key lol....
remember...'illegal'
the ones from Sean Taylor are made by Tango if i'm not mistaken.

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
yea dude you should keep it slightly low key lol....
remember...'illegal'
the ones from Sean Taylor are made by Tango if i'm not mistaken.

You're correct, they are made by Tango in Argentina.
They are made from real Au 20c which makes them illegal as you are not allowed to deface any currency (Gov property).

Considering you can get a half dollar shell from P for about $20 made by Tango, $80 is fairly steap.
I'm paying less for mine made by Todd Lassen.

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
I just received my order of Aussie gaffs today.
I have 2 spare 20c shells for $80 each
And one Silver 50c (round 1966) for $90 if any one is interested (these are made by Todd Lassen, not just a bulk manufacturer). For another $30 I will go and hunt down 4 close matching coins that fit it. It is a little dirty, but will polish up nicely with some silvo if you so desire. For me tho, older looking coins look more magical.

Shipping to you will be what ever the post office charge me, for what ever method you would like them to be sent via.

Let me know if there is anyone interested.

Anton

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
Hey Anton,
I'm interested in the 20c shell
I would PM you but it seems your PM box is full,
please get back to me with the details.

Nov 24, 2007
Australia
For coin matrixes, coins across and pretty much all coin magic, I use 20c pieces - they're quite a nice size and easy enough to handle. I've considered using U.S. half dollars as they're slightly rounder as well as thinner; but although good presentation should be able to cover it up, I do like using coins that the people I'm performing for know.

Anton has a nice idea with the round 50s...silver coins are meant to be nice to handle, too. Make sure you pick me up some next time you pass the store, Anton. ;)

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
I now have 1 spare 20c shell left for $80,
And one Silver 50c (round 1966) for $90 if any one is interested (these are made by Todd Lassen, not just a bulk manufacturer). For another $30 I will go and hunt down 4 close matching coins that fit it. It is a little dirty, but will polish up nicely with some silvo if you so desire. For me tho, older looking coins look far more magical.

If anyone is interested then let me know.
These would be an awesome set for an international that likes coin work. A lovely addition to to any collection, and a pleasure to work with.

Nov 24, 2007
Australia
I have an Aussie 20c expanded shell up for grabs, if anyone's interested; it was hand-crafted by Todd Lassen and hasn't been used in performance. I'm looking at $60 for it.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me and I'll send over some pics.

Cheers,

Nick

Dec 16, 2007
Somebody said in the thread that sinful can be done with an Australian 10c piece and a coke can. I believe this is not true. From my experience, it only works with a 5c piece.
If anyone knows of a can that you can perform sinful with a 10c piece, let us know.
:)

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Somebody said in the thread that sinful can be done with an Australian 10c piece and a coke can. I believe this is not true. From my experience, it only works with a 5c piece.
If anyone knows of a can that you can perform sinful with a 10c piece, let us know.
:)

You're right, you can't use a ten cent coin with a Coke can, which is extremely annoying. I heard that a Solo can works with a ten cent coin, but I haven't tried it yet.

Also, does anyone know where I could get Australian Steel-core coins?

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
You'll be hard pressed to find steel core aussie coins unless you get them made.
I'm thinking about putting in another order from Todd in the near future. If you want I can tack a few on to that order for you.
They won't be the cheapest coins that you ever come across tho.

Also on that note, Nick, I may be able to sell your shell for you.

And another, I still have the round 50c shell here, I may have a second that is slightly cleaner, tho I think I will clean up the other one I have rather than leave it a little dirty. $90 each. $120 as a set with 4 matching coins.

And one 20c Shell left also. $80.
You'll not find coins like these in any Aussie magic stores. They are made by the best in the business.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
You'll be hard pressed to find steel core aussie coins unless you get them made.
I'm thinking about putting in another order from Todd in the near future. If you want I can tack a few on to that order for you.
They won't be the cheapest coins that you ever come across tho.

How much am I looking at?

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
yer i live in aussie to i use most coins they should be fine
wekk at least they are for me and there are shells and stuff where do live because i know a magic shop in nsw.

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
yer i live in aussie to i use most coins they should be fine
wekk at least they are for me and there are shells and stuff where do live because i know a magic shop in nsw.

Yeah, Taylors have some cheaply made shells and aussie gimmicks.
But he charges the same price as what I have managed to get these few for.

Still waiting to hear back about steel core coins for you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results