Awesome Time in NYC

Oct 8, 2007
Hey,

Just thought I would share a cool experience when I was in NYC for a few days.

1st: Rogue Magic and Funshop (Queens)

This place is awesome. They have the latest cards (S&M, Black Ghost 2nd edition, etc.) and Rogue is a nice and funny guy. He showed me a few tricks and I ordered his homemade Voodoo doll which I will be picking up in a couple of days. :D I also got some Smoke and Mirrors, some Vintage Bikes and a Black Ghost deck. I really wish Livan kept up the videos of the shop. :(

2nd: Fantasma Magic Shop

So I come into the shop, start looking around, and I see Simon Lovell sitting at a table with a guy in a Pin-striped suit and sunglasses (Joshus Jay? idk). I look at the cards, and finally I decide on some Bulldog Squeezers. Then I ask the guy at the table if he has any good card effects. He showed me Diminishing Returns. I bought it, and than had Simon sign a flyer for his show. I wasn't 100% sure about who the other guy was but I didn't want to ask, "Who are you?"

The guy at the counter said David Blaine was there yesterday. I was like :eek: I can't believe I missed him.

It was a fun couple of days.

Have any of you been to the shops? Have you seen any famous magicians there?

Thanks for reading. :)

Sep 4, 2007
Hey,

Just thought I would share a cool experience when I was in NYC for a few days.

1st: Rogue Magic and Funshop (Queens)

This place is awesome. They have the latest cards (S&M, Black Ghost 2nd edition, etc.) and Rogue is a nice and funny guy. He showed me a few tricks and I ordered his homemade Voodoo doll which I will be picking up in a couple of days. :D I also got some Smoke and Mirrors, some Vintage Bikes and a Black Ghost deck. I really wish Livan kept up the videos of the shop. :(

2nd: Fantasma Magic Shop

So I come into the shop, start looking around, and I see Simon Lovell sitting at a table with a guy in a Pin-striped suit and sunglasses (Joshus Jay? idk). I look at the cards, and finally I decide on some Bulldog Squeezers. Then I ask the guy at the table if he has any good card effects. He showed me Diminishing Returns. I bought it, and than had Simon sign a flyer for his show. I wasn't 100% sure about who the other guy was but I didn't want to ask, "Who are you?"

The guy at the counter said David Blaine was there yesterday. I was like :eek: I can't believe I missed him.

It was a fun couple of days.

Have any of you been to the shops? Have you seen any famous magicians there?

Thanks for reading. :)

Actually David was there saturday. Yea Roger(Rogue) is a great guy, i hope next time you come in the city you have a great time, and visit tannens.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results