Back in Black Bundle

Jul 13, 2008
Hey guys! I got a back in black bundle from ellusionist.com, so here's my review.

Black Ghost Second Edition

Box: When I first saw the box, I thought it looked really cool! It has the ghost ace of spades on the front, and the card back design on the back. It also has a cool jack of diamonds bar code reveal.

Look: I like the look of these cards. The backs are smoky, and a little bit mysterious. The fronts are the same as the regular ghost deck only in reverse color. All red pips have a little white outline which looks really good. The jokers are especially nice, and one of them has a jack of spades reveal on it.

Feel: To be honest, I dislike the feel of this deck. The cards clump easily, and the edges are rough. Only get this deck for the looks. The feel just doesn't do it for me.

I give these cards a 6/10

Black Tiger Deck (red pips)

Box: It's OK. It's kind of ordinary, with nothing really special about it. The only cool thing on it is the tiger on the front.

Look: These look cool! I like the fact that they're black-light sensitive. The only thing I don't like (and this is a minor dislike,) is that the look is a little bit too basic. Other than that, though, these look cool.

Feel: OK, here's where I get positive. These feel great. I don't know what it is, but I didn't have to break these cards in at all. They had smooth edges right out of the box, and they fan perfectly every time. I don't know why, but I heard that the red pip deck has the UV500 airflow finish and the white pip deck has just regular air-cushion finish. I might be wrong, though. However, the UV500 finish feels really good!

I give these cards a 9/10

Shadow Masters Deck

Box: When I first saw the box, I fell in love with it instantly. The shadow made it look so cool. Basically it has the shadow ace of spades on the front, which really got my attention.

Look: Wow. That's all I have to say. These cards look incredible in a photo, and look even more incredible in person. There is so much detail on these cards, that I just enjoy looking at them.

Feel: Another wow. I have never felt a deck that feels this good. The edges are a little rough at first, but all you need to do is break them in and they feel fantastic! The fans are perfect every time and look great because of the black. I highly recommend these cards!

I give these cards a 10/10.

Over all, I give this bundle a 9/10 (because of the black ghost deck.) I recommend it!

May 10, 2008
Actually I heard the opposite about the Black Tiger decks; being that the white were UV-500 and that the red pips were air-cushioned....

I own a pack of UV-500 white pips so I'm not sure that is the case...

Or we may just both be wrong =D

Can anyone clarify that for us?

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
red white uv500, soft cushio they were, what, clarify first edition...magarblgarble.

Shees. Talk about a confusing conversation :rolleyes:

Gustav

Nov 12, 2008
I believe that air-cushion refers to the dimpled surface of the cards and UV-500 is the finish that makes it glow under blacklight so the tigers can be both air-flow/air-cushion as well as UV-500 as long as it has the dimples (which is the standard on bikes) and the UV-500 coating which makes it glow

Jul 13, 2008
That's not true . . . I believe that UV500 airflow finish is just a modified finish that makes the cards last 10 times longer and feel 10 times better.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
Okay, the white pipped deck used to be air cusioned, but now, the red and white pipped deck are both UV500 air flow finish.

hope that clears things up,

-Kevin

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
hehe. You guys- by trying to clarify you only mad eit worse :rolleyes:, 'cept Kevin.

Thanks anyways, I've always known what those finishes were (not in as much detail, mind you)

I was just pointing out that disscussing this made for a really confusing topic! :)

After 5 posts, I was like: "Wait...what the hell have I been looking at?"

Gustav

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
For the most part, I'd have to agree with you (even though I don't use blacks decks very much anymore). The only thing I'd have to say is mess around with the Black Ghosts a bit. The rough edges and clumping should smooth out as you break the deck in. This seems to be the case with every deck I've ever used where this happened.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results