Back Palming seemingly hundreds of cards.

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
How is this done? I'm not asking for a reveal, I want to perform it for a thing I'm doing. I've seen magicians who are seemingly able to pull hundreds of cards from a backpalm. I know there are manipulation decks which are much thinner than normal cards and often have flesh colored backs, but are they actually back palming that many cards? Is there some sort of extra gimmick they use? If you don't think it should be revealed here, pm me.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
You will want to look into "Card Manipulation." The infinite amount of cards coming from back palm is a fun little technique called "Split Fans." Id suggest looking into Jeff McBrides card manipulation books/dvds as they are industry standard as the best.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
You need to develop quite a lot of strength in your fingers to do this kind of stuff. Most manipulators use manipulation decks or Protea decks along with fanning powder or a homemade substitute. There are also gimmicks for the back palm but it's probably better to learn the classical moves.

Cardini Singles, produce one card at a time.

Jeff McBride created a bluff Cardini single that allows you to produce more cards with less practice.

Then there are split fans. These give the illusion that you are producing hundreds of cards but they are very difficult to perform.

You can find how to do all of these moves in Jaff Mcbride's dvds. You will also find them in many books at the library.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
You can also split the cards and take out the middle protion, leaving you with just the pieces with the art and finish on them, And rubber cement those together, But it seems like a lot of work.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results