Backpalming Tips

Jan 16, 2011
Hello everyone!!!

I'm recently just learning the back palm, and it's giving me a little trouble. I need some tips on how to get better at it, what types of card to use(poker or bridge), little details that will help. Please, if it's necessary, feel free to PM me!!

Thank you!!

-Harry Potter

Jan 16, 2011
What parts are you having trouble with??

I'm having trouble with more of the producing, my finger always gets in the way. And I'm having trouble getting into the back palm, I dunno if it's the card being to big, cuz I use poker size. And I also use regular cards, not manipulation cards, although I did order some, so I could see the difference. But I'm having trouble getting my fingers straightened....is that normal?

Jan 20, 2009
California
I'm having trouble with more of the producing, my finger always gets in the way. And I'm having trouble getting into the back palm, I dunno if it's the card being to big, cuz I use poker size. And I also use regular cards, not manipulation cards, although I did order some, so I could see the difference. But I'm having trouble getting my fingers straightened....is that normal?
When producing the card let your index finger slide back just enough so the card can come out.
if you dont move your index finger it will be very difficult to do. also when getting into back palm the size of the card does not matter
what will make it easier is using manipulation cards because they are thinner so there is less strain on your hands, i always practice with regular cards just to keep my hands strong. and as far as not getting your fingers straightend im asuming you mean when it is in back palm. the more cards you have back palmed the harder it will become to straighten your hand the only way to get around that is just to keep practicing so you can build up your strength in you hands.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Manipulation cards will definitely make it easier for you and see if you can find a local guy near you to demonstrate or perhaps someone on here could video chat / skype with you to show you. I do not perform it otherwise I would do it for you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results