Bad Luck Card: 3 of Diamonds...

Throughout the history of poker and poker based games there has always been one card that was said to be "unlucky". This cards was and still is the Three of diamonds.

It is said that in poker games even if you had a really good hand if you happened to draw the three of diamonds someone around you would have a better hand, thus making you lose the game. It also is said that many times the people who had won all night would get the unlucky card and lose a very high bet.

COINCIDENCE OR NOT???

If you own a shadow master deck of cards then you will realize that they have an almost demonic look to them. For example the jokers are the grim reaper.

Now, much like the ghost deck the jokers in the shadow masters have a card revelation on them. One joker is holding an hour glass. The card reveal is on the second joker. In the place of the hour glass the joker is holding what seems to be metal poles that spells out "3D". An abbreviation for the three of diamonds.

It seems a bit sinister to me. But who knows... It may have been just a coincidence... or it could have been put there to symbolize that the 3 of Diamonds , as well as the grim reaper, is bad luck...

Let me know your thoughts,
Dylan P.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
The Ace of Spades was seen as the "Card of Death" for the Vietnamese; many American soldiers carried one way decks of Ace of Spades with them. I carry a patch with an Ace of Spades with a skull and cross-bones in the spade in my wallet.

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
Um this is wierd. Dylan is talking about the 3. Drew is talking about the Aceof spades. So 3, and spades.

Heres the weird thing. I spead the deck. Pull out a card. Its the 3 of spades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!

I'm not lying. This is true.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Conspiracy!

One time I had a dream, and there was one phrase that stood out to me... "They brought bromine." The following day, in Science class we were watching an old educational video about the elements. To be completely honest, I was asleep for most of the video... But I woke up when I heard them say "Bromine" because it reminded me of the dream I had. A few seconds later the man in the video said... "But they just dismissed it as an interesting coincidence of no significant value."

So I did.

Conspiracy!

One time I had a dream, and there was one phrase that stood out to me... "They brought bromine." The following day, in Science class we were watching an old educational video about the elements. To be completely honest, I was asleep for most of the video... But I woke up when I heard them say "Bromine" because it reminded me of the dream I had. A few seconds later the man in the video said... "But they just dismissed it as an interesting coincidence of no significant value."

So I did.

ok, i won't say "creepy" this time. that;s just plain weird...

Feb 23, 2008
Houston
www.myspace.com
Interesting theory on the 3D I'm a poker player and I heard of things like that before. Observant to catch that you are young padiwon *haha*. The only way I think you could trully find out is to email E or put a thread up in there. Watch Brad *Eyeliner Man* be like what the "shut yo mouth" is he talking about? Hahah, just my $.02, later.

Apr 24, 2008
Why 3D is featured on the Joker? Think about it.
What suit do you use for Stigmata and is easy to see and can be nice and small? Diamonds.
As for a number A, K, Q, J and 10 wouldn't go into the joker, because some people might not realise what the letters stand for.
As for 9 8 7 6 5 4 2 uhh they just don't look as good as a 3 and a diamond. Easy to see.

The suit that creeps me out is Clubs.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results