Bad News for David Blaine?

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
This ruins the whole stunt.
The article says he takes a break once an hour, where he pees, gets a medical check-up, and gets his head above his heart. I'm gonna assume all that takes about 5 minutes. That takes 5 minutes off of 60 hours, or 300 minutes. So he's only upside-down for 55 hours, not 60. Lame.

Haha, I hope that was sarcasm?!

If 55 hours hanging upside down is lame, then I really need to re-assess my use of the term...

CL

Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
he is still hanging just not up side down, still im a HUGE DB fan and im going to be watching it live and every thing, and today i told every one i would be going by david blaine and i wouldn't respond to my real name. LOL my teachers were really mad.

Nov 8, 2007
The real bad news is that apparently Mr. Bush picked tonight to deliver his first national address in over a year (of all the nights he picked to actually do his job...). Which means we're going to miss out on the first 15 or so minutes of the special. And I'm sure that means we're going to be missing some good magic, as Blaine's specials always start with some strong magic.

This really sucks.

*UPDATE FROM "THE MAGIC NEWSWIRE*

“Because of the announcement that President Bush will address the nation at 9PM with regard to the country’s financial crisis, the broadcast times for “David Blaine - Dive of Death” has changed. The show will air live beginning at 9:15 EST & CST. It will remain in the 9PM slot on the west coast. For those of you holding your breath, you can breathe now.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
every one got mad at Fox for that artical they wrote so they got bush to Make his speach right then on that channel

Also Fox does storys about how criss angel and david blaine lie and cheat but they dont do stories on when they lie and cheat by calling them selfs "Fair and Balanced" because they deffintly got both sides on the david blaine story

Sep 1, 2007
Fox is basically the National Enquirer of TV news.

Why, just the other night I saw an engrossing report on the growing number of Sasquatch-three-headed-Elvis-clones-from-outer space in the Midwest. Apparently they're abducting children and starting up cults that worship a strange Jesus-Bat-Boy hybrid.

Scary stuff.

Feb 12, 2008
It's disappointing that Fox News would air this story, attempting to "expose" David Blaine...not to MENTION that President Bush chose to give his speech tonight, deliberately taking time away from David Blaine's special.

Jeez, it's a good thing we've got these tinfoil hats on....otherwise, Bush and Fox News would have control over our minds!

Did anybody see the CNN story where Barack Obama walked on water and healed a leper? It was amazing.

Sep 3, 2007
That doesn't answer my question. What is there to figure out?

Hanging upside down = death
Regular stretches and check-ups = not death

That about covers it.

It's whether or not he's putting himself in the position to be able to use magic to fool the audience. He's taking breaks on a platform with a towel wrapped around him.

Too many fanboys here to make any solid points. And it's scary that you shun the type of media bs you're buying into.

And yes, he trained his teeth for a year in order to catch a bullet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
That bullet catch is going to be off the chain! Although Criss Angel did do that exact stunt, who cares, its freakin David Blaine catching a damn bullet in his mouth, can't get better than that.

I'm also anticipating Kimbo Slice punching David. Not because I want him to get punched, I just think its a pretty cool homage to houdini.

Aug 31, 2007
That bullet catch is going to be off the chain! Although Criss Angel did do that exact stunt, who cares, its freakin David Blaine catching a damn bullet in his mouth, can't get better than that.

I'm also anticipating Kimbo Slice punching David. Not because I want him to get punched, I just think its a pretty cool homage to houdini.

I'm more excited to see some close up card stuff then the bullet catch.

Webby

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
Oh look at that, I'm right again.

It's a sad evaluation of our culture when the threat of death is not considered as thrilling as certain death.
No, it's a sad evaluation of our culture when we see pompous, conceited, arrogant knowitalls that quote themselves on magic forums!!! I hate magicians!

Jul 15, 2008
No, it's a sad evaluation of our culture when we see pompous, conceited, arrogant knowitalls that quote themselves on magic forums!!! I hate magicians!

dude,

please don't associate us with steerpike... he's a little "different"

Sep 3, 2007
dude,

please don't associate us with steerpike... he's a little "different"

Well, you're the kid that can't capitalize, form a sentence, or punctuate. At least he took that leap to be different. You just want to be like the rest of them don't YOU? It's really sad, think for yourselves.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results